VPS testers wanted

snowwolf

Hi all,

Hope this is ok to post here - mods, please delete if not.
Busy working with a new company that's setting up hosting clusters in JHB & DBN.
The servers will be hosted in Teraco and provide excellent connectivity options.

As part of the final set of tests, I'm looking for anyone who is interested in testing a VPS (Linux only) in either JHB or DBN.
The test will be provided free for 14 days, at which point you can keep the VPS as a paid service, or cancel without obligation.

We are offering managed and unmanaged VPS's, with full root access on the unmanaged solution.

Pricing on the VPS will start at R59 p/m and increase depending on resources.
Connectivity wise, each VPS will have between 10Mbps to 1Gbps, resource dependent.
Default will be shared 100Mbps and can be upgraded at a marginal fee, all unmetered.

If anyone is interested in being a part of the trial, please send me a PM.

All usage must abide by AUP and not be used for illegal/illicit purposes.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Hi all,

Hope this is ok to post here - mods, please delete if not.
Busy working with a new company that's setting up hosting clusters in JHB & DBN.
The servers will be hosted in Teraco and provide excellent connectivity options.

As part of the final set of tests, I'm looking for anyone who is interested in testing a VPS (Linux only) in either JHB or DBN.
The test will be provided free for 14 days, at which point you can keep the VPS as a paid service, or cancel without obligation.

We are offering managed and unmanaged VPS's, with full root access on the unmanaged solution.

Pricing on the VPS will start at R59 p/m and increase depending on resources.
Connectivity wise, each VPS will have between 10Mbps to 1Gbps, resource dependent.
Default will be shared 100Mbps and can be upgraded at a marginal fee, all unmetered.

If anyone is interested in being a part of the trial, please send me a PM.

All usage must abide by AUP and not be used for illegal/illicit purposes.
Would love to test.

Murmaider

Aha thanks for letting me know. I asked as theres another host who has just brought in EPYC SuperMicro's and was curious if this was you.
Probably us, we recently brought in the new rome based EPYC supermicro's for our VPS infrastructure, however we have been using EPYC for a couple years now, for our VPS solutions.

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
Probably us, we recently brought in the new rome based EPYC supermicro's for our VPS infrastructure, however we have been using EPYC for a couple years now, for our VPS solutions.
I dont think it was you, was a smallish EPYC server

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
Edit, because I cant edit @bwana @rpm (please fix my permissions - I cant edit my posts)

The server was for a company that is testing out EPYC - this based on what was told

snowwolf

Thanks everyone for the PMs around this. Hope the experience has been good so far!

Offer still stands for anyone wanting to try out a Linux VPS in ZA.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Thanks everyone for the PMs around this. Hope the experience has been good so far!

Offer still stands for anyone wanting to try out a Linux VPS in ZA.
Can you provide GUI VM's to test, IE Ubuntu?

Tavor

I am in the process of moving my hosts after 14 years. Need VPS hosting.
Mid sized forum outgrew shared hosting. Need about 50 Gigs web space and about 150 Gigs traffic a month.
Requirements are: FULLY Managed (I know far too little) and would really prefer a host that can take Paypal.
SA based so I can physically strangle someone when the site goes down for 3 days (recent nightmare)
Would need help with migration and a host that will still be around in 5 years.
Can you assist and what price?