!!!WARNING: This is a Rant!!! JVC Smart Android TVs

jackb

JVC Smart TVs are a utter bunch of (honky horn) crap.

Purchased one the 11-06-2019 - Damn android is not certified. Play store does not open just a plain (retry error), DSTV now does not work(not google certified device Error), and streaming applications all close after about a minute of playtime!

Contacted Game Stores head office, freaked at them, they offered to take it back for one of the following: replace, voucher or refund!

Checked on their site and they have a 50 inch available from telefunken for the same price. Though not a smart TV but the extra 5 inches of screen real-estate seems better than a partially functional re branded not so "smart" TV at the same cost to me.

Also I called JVC manufactures for South Africa and they just have a hella issue. they simply told me yes we know about this. no there is nothing we going to do about it and tough luck send it back or deal with it. Well guess what. that type of service will see me say good bye assholes! I do not negotiate with crap. take it back and deal with it.

They seem to think that south africans do not have a choice. I suggest that you all never purchase any JVC Crap ever. Ill be taking that 50 inch telefunken instead. + as a bonus the telefunken has a 4 year guarantee instead of a 12 month warranty

If your devices are not certified I guess your not following the GNU licenses for the FREE OS your using so technically JVC your PIRATING BIG TIME and Game is smokkelling Pirated Software for you!

Apogee

Just plug a Chromecast into it to make all your problems disappear.

Smart TV OS and apps sucks across the board, because they are not updated on a regular basis, while mobile apps are.

Also much easier to control the mobile apps on the phone than trying to scroll up and down with the remote, not to mention trying to enter text without a keyboard.

Last edited:

LCBXX

Honorary Master
In summary: JVC Smart TV's are not Google certified.

STORMERSFAN

Purchased one the 11-06-2019 - Damn android is not certified. Play store does not open just a plain (retry error), DSTV now does not work(not google certified device Error), and streaming applications all close after about a minute of playtime!

Contacted Game Stores head office, freaked at them, they offered to take it back for one of the following: replace, voucher or refund!

Checked on their site and they have a 50 inch available from telefunken for the same price. Though not a smart TV but the extra 5 inches of screen real-estate seems better than a partially functional re branded not so "smart" TV at the same cost to me.

Also I called JVC manufactures for South Africa and they just have a hella issue. they simply told me yes we know about this. no there is nothing we going to do about it and tough luck send it back or deal with it. Well guess what. that type of service will see me say good bye assholes! I do not negotiate with crap. take it back and deal with it.

They seem to think that south africans do not have a choice. I suggest that you all never purchase any JVC Crap ever. Ill be taking that 50 inch telefunken instead. + as a bonus the telefunken has a 4 year guarantee instead of a 12 month warranty

If your devices are not certified I guess your not following the GNU licenses for the FREE OS your using so technically JVC your PIRATING BIG TIME and Game is smokkelling Pirated Software for you!
Stay away from telefunken..i had one.. It's terrible.. U have been warned :)

R13...

Honorary Master
On budget hisense seems like the most reliable. I had a sinotec and it failed after 6 weeks, and got it replaced with a hisense which seems to be working well. The sinotec in addition to being unreliable was pretty buggy.

genetic

Honorary Master
If you buy junk, expect junk.

Check which TV's are Google and Netflix certified next time.

If you want certified smart TV apps on a cheap-ass TV, then rather get a Xiaomi Mi Box S, Ematic 4K or a Chromecast to go with it.

Totempole

Expert Member

Okay, so firstly, JVC and Telefunken are effectively the same company here. Both brands are just no-names with "brand" labels stamped to them. Second, Telefunken does not carry a 4 year warranty, you're thinking of Hisense.

JVC and Telefunken are both shitty NuWorld brands, from a company that has been known to lie about their TV specs.

Buying a Telefunken is just supporting the same bunch of clowns.