Web Squad ISP

SpiderGear

Christmas has come early - we've received confirmation that this promo is being extended for another 12 months! So R1499 1 Gbps is here to stay (well for another year at least).
I know I'm greedy, but any news on a 1 Gbps symmetrical connection? :giggle:

DarkSt0rm

Anyone else having random internet connectivity issues? Happened about an hour ago, and just happened again now. Lasts around 5 minutes then everything is back to normal.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Anyone else having random internet connectivity issues? Happened about an hour ago, and just happened again now. Lasts around 5 minutes then everything is back to normal.
Apologies here. Doing some maintenance and improvements work before network freeze tomorrow, not meant to be network affecting, but some routes are taking longer to reconverge than others. All done now.

DarkSt0rm

Apologies here. Doing some maintenance and improvements work before network freeze tomorrow, not meant to be network affecting, but some routes are taking longer to reconverge than others. All done now.
No worries, was just wondering if I was loosing my mind, or load shedding damaged something, etc, etc, etc :p

Also, network freeze? Doesn't sound good?

PsyWulf

Executive Member
No worries, was just wondering if I was loosing my mind, or load shedding damaged something, etc, etc, etc

Many companies including banks go into Change Freeze during the holidays

Disallowing any changes to be done except maintenance and emergencies

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
No worries, was just wondering if I was loosing my mind, or load shedding damaged something, etc, etc, etc :p

Nope, not loosing it.

Nothing to worry about with network freeze - we enter a period of strict change control with only emergency changes allowed on the network. This basically means we won’t be trying new configs, adding or removing configs, tinkering with circuits etc (unless absolutely necessary) until the New Year.

Vendor support isn’t always at 100% over the festive season, so the best way to minimise risk for our clients is to ensure we have a working config throughout our network and stick to it during this time.. If we don’t break anything and they don’t break anything- our clients can Netflix and Chill without any hiccups while they’re enjoying their leave.

Installations on business circuits grind to a halt today and FTTH at the end of next week. New FTTH installs don’t require any config changes on our end, so those continue as per normal until Vendors close for the year.

Support and maintenance will remain active throughout December- both on our end and our Vendors. We’ll remain active on the forum throughout (please be patient on public holidays) and the support line will stay open and our support mailbox is business as usual throughout.

JustinB

I'm experiencing stutters and lag spikes while gaming.

I notice I'm now connecting to singapore on apex, at 10ms less than london! is the routing been changed? are there any outages or issues i should be aware of?

CrypticZA

I'm experiencing stutters and lag spikes while gaming.

I notice I'm now connecting to singapore on apex, at 10ms less than london! is the routing been changed? are there any outages or issues i should be aware of?
What ping are you getting to Singapore?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Looks like WebSquad are using that cable that runs from Africa to Asia, tested a few IP's via their looking glass and getting 150's from CPT to certain parts of Asia :O
Yeah very nice that. Sadly when Afrihost ditched liquid telecoms the China Telecoms route went with it. :confused:

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Seeing same,just previously when that happened some people experienced some anomalies,and the route to Europe was reprio'd
For me it's same/same
We brought up our Asia routes with China Telecoms Asia traffic only (that means we're only advertised to Asian networks and we only pick up those routes) via the SAFE cable system (with failover via others). This has helped us mitigate many of the issues we previously saw using China Telecoms. We're keeping a close eye on this.

JustinB

We brought up our Asia routes with China Telecoms Asia traffic only (that means we're only advertised to Asian networks and we only pick up those routes) via the SAFE cable system (with failover via others). This has helped us mitigate many of the issues we previously saw using China Telecoms. We're keeping a close eye on this.
And back to via EU?