Web Squad ISP

jvrs

Not really a WS issue as multiple networks affected. Anybody an idea what's cooking with WhatsApp media up and download failing?

Cowboy619

No packet loss there. Just a destination server not responding to ICMP in both tests?

Top image shows 3 intermediate hops that also didn’t respond. But this isn’t commutative (ie loss doesn’t show on each following hop).

Remember an MTR is your PC pinging each individual hop for a response. Some routers don’t always respond.
Thanks of the update

The attached image is showing in game packet loss though. These servers are in JHB

Thanks

Attachments

websquadza

WebSquad
Thanks of the update

The attached image is showing in game packet loss though. These servers are in JHB

Thanks
Any way you can track down the exact IP? 34ms and your MTR shows 20 odd, so I'm guessing this is another server.

websquadza

WebSquad
Certain servers are giving me the packet loss
Here is the IP 197.80.200.21
That’s not packet loss. That’s a server not responding to ICMP, so there’s no way to tell if there’s packet loss.

Was hoping to pick up which server you’re actually connecting to and trace from there. The server in pingplotter is 21ms away, which is about right for JHB - CPT. The server in your game is 34ms away (or has something inducing 13ms latency which could also be the cause of your PL in game).

Chiller89

Just wanted to drop in and say I’ve been very impressed with Web Squad during the cable breaks.
Solid 50mb to London at least on my 100mb which is impressive considering other providers struggling to even have a stable link.
Had a WebEx session this morning that was flawless when even our business office link was struggling!

lestoran

Just wanted to drop in and say I’ve been very impressed with Web Squad during the cable breaks.
Solid 50mb to London at least on my 100mb which is impressive considering other providers struggling to even have a stable link.
Had a WebEx session this morning that was flawless when even our business office link was struggling!
2nd that. Internet stayed usable the whole time. Even bandwidth hogs like Netflix and Youtube are streaming FHD without issues.

Ping affected but still good enough to game according to the kids.

This is exactly what I expect from an ISP!

Please don't change - you'll have a customer for life (and many recommendations).

ghostRgg

Has WebSquad tested the Asian cable to Blizzard servers in Singapore or South Korea? Pretty curious to see the latency from Durban but not sure if there are any IP's that are currently on that route.

DarkSt0rm

Downloads have been painfully slow here today, and still are :( Anyone know if the ship has left Cape Town yet?

websquadza

WebSquad
Evening! Still trying to piece together what happened here, but from the looks of it, one of our peers who also happens to be a fairly large transit provider leaked their peering table to the world for a few minutes. We received alerts from a network of global servers that point to this. Waiting for word from their NOC now.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Evening! Still trying to piece together what happened here, but from the looks of it, one of our peers who also happens to be a fairly large transit provider leaked their peering table to the world for a few minutes. We received alerts from a network of global servers that point to this. Waiting for word from their NOC now.
Thanks, Seems to be tanking again -