Web Squad ISP

Napalm

Expert Member
Maybe my torrents not set right. Any specific settings one can use.. specially on 1gigabit link ?

Loppas

Which downloader you recommend, i tried getright but it's so much adds and keep on getting those popups to buy etc.

Any good HTTP downloaders thats worth it ?
I used Internet Download Manager, its not free but it works well. Alternatively, JDownloader is also not bad and its free.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
@websquadza is there a reason why I can't select websquad as a ISP from the Octotel webshop? Should I just contact your office directly to arrange a new installation?
We’ve asked Octotel to look into this. In the meanwhile, just give our team a call and they’ll sort you out.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Leaves tomorrow night.
Ship heads out today (hopefully). From there I believe it’s 6-7 days to the first break. Remember, two cable systems are affected in different spots. We’re keeping a keen eye on this.

DarkSt0rm

Which downloader you recommend, i tried getright but it's so much adds and keep on getting those popups to buy etc.

Any good HTTP downloaders thats worth it ?
I personally use Ant Download Manager. Used to use Internet Download Manager but Ant just offers more, and it doesn't bug out for websites where they only allow a single thread.

Napalm

Expert Member
I personally use Ant Download Manager. Used to use Internet Download Manager but Ant just offers more, and it doesn't bug out for websites where they only allow a single thread.
I'll try Ant Download manager this evening. Is there a specific link i can test for 1gigabit. The DLoad needs to be fairly big and feed multiple connections. <2gig or 3gig will go too quick to feel it out>

DarkSt0rm

I'll try Ant Download manager this evening. Is there a specific link i can test for 1gigabit. The DLoad needs to be fairly big and feed multiple connections. <2gig or 3gig will go too quick to feel it out>
There are a bunch of datacenters that offer 'test files'
EG

cavedog

Honorary Master
Maybe my torrents not set right. Any specific settings one can use.. specially on 1gigabit link ?

Remember that torrents are a bunch of Random read and writes. It kills the disk i/o suuuuuper fast. For me qbitorrent is the best with some tweaks. One important thing is to set the disk cache to at least 3 to 4gb it will give some room for the data to be pushed to the disk.

I will post a screenshot of my settings but unless you download to a nvme you need a big disk cache setting when downloading torrents with a fast internet connection.

Looney

Expert Member
Remember that torrents are a bunch of Random read and writes. It kills the disk i/o suuuuuper fast. For me qbitorrent is the best with some tweaks. One important thing is to set the disk cache to at least 3 to 4gb it will give some room for the data to be pushed to the disk.

I will post a screenshot of my settings but unless you download to a nvme you need a big disk cache setting when downloading torrents with a fast internet connection.
I did not know that, thank you for the info. Please share your settings when you can :)

Napalm

Expert Member

I do have a 1TB SSD m.2 (Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVme m.2 . i think it does 2000mb/sec seq read and 3000mb per sec seq write)

i use Utorrent at the moment, i've can't remember seeing a place to change the disk cache.. i'll have to go check.

WickedMONK3Y

Evening! Still trying to piece together what happened here, but from the looks of it, one of our peers who also happens to be a fairly large transit provider leaked their peering table to the world for a few minutes. We received alerts from a network of global servers that point to this. Waiting for word from their NOC now.
You guys are very nice not saying who was leaking the peering table. For those curious it was Angola Cables... as if we don't have enough issues with the net until the cable repair ship gets to the breaks and repairs them.

For those curious as to where the ship is right now...
Leon Thevenin Location
So the repairs will start soon at least.

PsyWulf

Executive Member
You guys are very nice not saying who was leaking the peering table. For those curious it was Angola Cables... as if we don't have enough issues with the net until the cable repair ship gets to the breaks and repairs them.
It's usually not about pointing fingers,but solving the problem - unless it's habitual

under_sky

Expert Member

these setting you use ? whatsapp me ?

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Our Transit Providers currently using EASSy have confirmed intermittent issues through the latter part of the afternoon. Engineers are still investigating this and working on a resolution. Updates to follow.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I did not know that, thank you for the info. Please share your settings when you can :)
I do have a 1TB SSD m.2 (Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVme m.2 . i think it does 2000mb/sec seq read and 3000mb per sec seq write)

i use Utorrent at the moment, i've can't remember seeing a place to change the disk cache.. i'll have to go check.
these setting you use ? whatsapp me ?

Here is my qbitorrent settings.

I recommend qbitorrent as I was unable to achieve line speed in utorrent with similar settings. utorrent 2.0 is working fine though.

Here I use a 2GB disk cache setting and it is able to max my Rain 5G connection at 400Mbps. I would recommend maybe 3GB for 1Gbps lines. With p2p the random read and write rate is insane and usually people experience slow speeds feels almost like throttling but it's not it's the HDD that can't keep up with the fast speeds. You see the same issue with Seedboxes that are over shared.