Web Squad ISP

ijacobs3

Expert Member
im feeling it now, the EU rust server i play on went to a ping of 600 and died

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Just drained all our advertisements to this peer who seem to have taken it upon themselves act as our transit provider. Don't worry, we're already knocking on higher-ups doors as this is unacceptable.
Honestly not complaining, your handling of this whole thing is TOP NOTCH!
Thanks a bunch!

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Interesting to see Microsoft isn’t serving this through local caches yet, and moreso their international capacity is so affected.
Even steam is doing something right, i downloaded War Thunder tonight, 28gigs, and it took about 40 minutes

Hingisp

My offer for free Warp Plus accounts are open to any Web Squad member :)

Just PM me, thanks @websquadza for mostly mitigating the problems.
Hi Tried to PM, but said I wasn't allowed to... Go figure. Do you have the full setup procedure for this as well? 1gbps vuma trenched in durban.

Napalm

Expert Member
How's the international speeds these days on 1gigabit? What download speeds do you generally get.

For some reason on my 1gig. i only get 10-13mb per second to maybe 18mb per second at most. I've never seen a 40mb per second on international downloads. <even before these cable breaks>

Even on torrents, 99.9% of the time i see a speed of around 13mb or 15mb per second. Sometimes it might quickly go up to 18mb then drops down again to 11mb. (Average seems to be around the 100mbit it seems on international well seeded torrents)

Last edited:

DarkSt0rm

How's the international speeds these days on 1gigabit? What download speeds do you generally get.

For some reason on my 1gig. i only get 10-13mb per second to maybe 18mb per second at most. I've never seen a 40mb per second on international downloads. <even before these cable breaks>

Even on torrents, 99.9% of the time i see a speed of around 13mb or 15mb per second. Sometimes it might quickly go up to 18mb then drops down again to 11mb. (Average seems to be around the 100mbit it seems on international well seeded torrents)
Generally from the EU I see around 18 to 20MB/s and around 10 to 14MB/s from the US. There are cases when I've seen 40 to 60 MB/s from the EU with major file lockers like upload.net or rapidgator, but I believe that is because they are serving files through CloudFlare.

I've never had success with torrents. Also only see 100mbit and I've tried every config imaginable. The only time I see good speeds with p2p is when there are lots of local seeds.

My use case is Google Drive, where I'm uploading and downloading 400GB+ files at a time, and that comes down at 100MB/s nicely since they have a cache locally :)

Napalm

Expert Member
local seeds would be max speed ye. I think maybe most of my content is from US... maybe little bit EU.

Netflix and my streams mostly US. Youtube , Switch etc.
Gaming is all EU. Prolly UK or Netherlands.

Last edited:

Sopbeen

@websquadza is there a reason why I can't select websquad as a ISP from the Octotel webshop? Should I just contact your office directly to arrange a new installation?

Loppas

You should try throwing more threads at it :p. When i was on gigabit i set my download manager for http stuff to 16 threads so even if the source was slow or my ST (single threaded download speed) had gone to **** it would still download pretty quick.

Napalm

Expert Member
Which downloader you recommend, i tried getright but it's so much adds and keep on getting those popups to buy etc.

Any good HTTP downloaders thats worth it ?

Napalm

Expert Member
Maybe my torrents not set right. Any specific settings one can use.. specially on 1gigabit link ?

Loppas

Which downloader you recommend, i tried getright but it's so much adds and keep on getting those popups to buy etc.

Any good HTTP downloaders thats worth it ?
I used Internet Download Manager, its not free but it works well. Alternatively, JDownloader is also not bad and its free.