Web Squad ISP

Hingisp

Speaking of IPv6 - we're running a limited trial of IPv6 tunnels (6to4) for clients on the Vumatel Trenched network. Be warned, this is a completely manual process, so configs may take some time Send a ticket to support @ websquad.co.za requesting this or PM me.
What is the benefit of this?

Looney

Expert Member
Speaking of IPv6 - we're running a limited trial of IPv6 tunnels (6to4) for clients on the Vumatel Trenched network. Be warned, this is a completely manual process, so configs may take some time Send a ticket to support @ websquad.co.za requesting this or PM me.
I’m still waiting to try the v6. Let me know when you’re available.

websquadza

WebSquad
Yea my steaming all day has been completely shite. I usually stream from USA servers, and it's completely unwatchable and to my distaste ha w reverted to dstv now, being local and low and behold even that is buffering.. The speed tests are all great though.. What is going on..have also experienced drop outs today. Is this the new switch that was replaced?
Not been seeing any issues in KZN. The switch installed yesterday is not giving us any issues- and is quite a bit better than what was there.

Sounds more like an MTU issue. Will investigate and revert.

Hingisp

Not been seeing any issues in KZN. The switch installed yesterday is not giving us any issues- and is quite a bit better than what was there.

Sounds more like an MTU issue. Will investigate and revert.
Yea the speed tests show faster speeds than ever before. That's what's frustrating about why the buffering is going.

JustinB

Emergency Network Notification (At Risk):

We have just been notified by our upstreams that WACS will be conducting emergency maintenance this evening.

Maintenance Window: 20:00 - 01:00 (5 hours)

Effect: Should there be any outages, we will fail over to the EASSy path - users will experience increased latency during this time

We will, as always, be monitoring this closely to ensure things run smoothly.
Would this be causing intermittent disconnects form battle.net?

websquadza

WebSquad
View attachment 882165

?????????????????????????

Back with **** latency

View attachment 882167

@websquadza
Would this be causing intermittent disconnects form battle.net?
International seems to be very bad tonight.
Network notice posted earlier. WACS are doing emergency changes this evening. We're switched over to EASSy - looks like upstream switch wasn't as smooth as hoped. Latency will be bad until the maintenance on WACS is complete - latency sensitive applications will struggle to. Maintenance window is 20:00 - 01:00. Will update once we're sure it's complete.

websquadza

WebSquad
Yea the speed tests show faster speeds than ever before. That's what's frustrating about why the buffering is going.
Can you check on it now (let's leave international until WACS is back online), but usual local suspects (DSTV, Youtube, Netflix).

websquadza

WebSquad
What is the benefit of this?
IPv6 is a new addressing scheme - the world has pretty much run out of IPv4. So new services will increasingly be brought up on IPv6. Most mainstream services already support IPv6. There are also a ton of benefits like cutting out NAT, more efficient routing etc. I forgot, what router do you have again?

Hingisp

IPv6 is a new addressing scheme - the world has pretty much run out of IPv4. So new services will increasingly be brought up on IPv6. Most mainstream services already support IPv6. There are also a ton of benefits like cutting out NAT, more efficient routing etc. I forgot, what router do you have again?
OK thanks. I have the Asus RT-AC86U

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
If it works on Asus/Merlin id love to try it out. Im on Vuma Aerial though

Seeyou

Expert Member
I think this was more a blip (upstreams are still working on completing the integration and route selection with PCCW). The guys worked on this throughout the weekend and should be smoothing out now. Definitely not v6 related - think of the v4 and v6 as two parallel networks.

Would love feedback on the v6 as time progresses.
It was not v6 related. I re-enabled it this morning and all is well.

Seeyou

Expert Member
@websquadza Quick question RE v6:

For v4, I've manually configured my DHCP server to assign 1.1.1.1 as the primary DNS server, since I have a <1ms ping to it, being in CPT.

For v6, they recommend either 2606:4700:4700::1111 or 2606:4700:4700::1001 - but both are around 26ms latency-wise, so obviously located in JHB.

Is there a v6 equivalent that's located closer?