Web Squad ISP

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Yes. I also had some lag spikes when gaming on international servers

Nope, I meant MSS. Max Segment Size. Asus routers have a funky TCP stack that may need some tweaking - I think Asus might have an MRU setting too. But set PPPOE to 1480, MSS to 1412. It's also worth changing MRU if the option is there to 1412. Lag spikes are probably from fragmented packets and game engine compensation.

Just out of interest, how is your IPv6 implementation going on that router? We struggled with another client running IPv6 on similar hardware.

S.Claus

Expert Member
Nope, I meant MSS. Max Segment Size. Asus routers have a funky TCP stack that may need some tweaking - I think Asus might have an MRU setting too. But set PPPOE to 1480, MSS to 1412. It's also worth changing MRU if the option is there to 1412. Lag spikes are probably from fragmented packets and game engine compensation.

Just out of interest, how is your IPv6 implementation going on that router? We struggled with another client running IPv6 on similar hardware.
MTU.PNG
Even after making all the suggested changes the console still indicates that packets are fragmented. IPv6 is ticking along nicely no problem getting assigned an address or anything that I have noticed. Tell them to flash the latest Asus Merlin firmware.

JOEY_8

Not sure if it's just me but certain services aren't working or very slow (Reddit, Tapatalk etc)

abudabi

Expert Member
There we go,WS has added the Openserve to my portal now

So i've been switched over for a while,just got the invoice for openserve prorata next month and current month,and credit note for this month's vumatel from when I got switched

All in all happy sofar with the new cheaper account :) just had to do some small tweaks to my Mikrotik to switch to PPPoE from DHCP
Order placed on Friday, OS installed yesterday. Let the savings roll in! :)

What tweaks did you have to do? I'm also on Mikrotik. I've only disabled the DHCP client, switched cables and enabled PPPOE.

Download speed is fine at 50 but upload seems to be only 25.. did you have that?

abudabi

Expert Member

What tweaks did you have to do? I'm also on Mikrotik. I've only disabled the DHCP client, switched cables and enabled PPPOE.

Download speed is fine at 50 but upload seems to be only 25.. did you have that?
@websquadza Can you check signal levels perhaps?

PS. This is on wifi but multiple devices on different APs give the same result. 5G/2.4G doesn't matter and there's no interference.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep

Openserve confirmed 50 Mbps is asymmetrical, so you'll only get 25 Mbps up. Only the 25 Mbps is Symmetrical now.

Don't forget to enable IPv6. Shout if you need a hand

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Not sure if it's just me but certain services aren't working or very slow (Reddit, Tapatalk etc)

Didn't see any issues here. KZN right? We did see G Core's CDN crash earlier in the day (14:25 for about 25 mins). But no other issues

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
View attachment 1044321
Even after making all the suggested changes the console still indicates that packets are fragmented. IPv6 is ticking along nicely no problem getting assigned an address or anything that I have noticed. Tell them to flash the latest Asus Merlin firmware.

Something's not looking right there, should be a bit lower than that. I'll reach out via PM and see what's happening.

abudabi

Expert Member
Openserve confirmed 50 Mbps is asymmetrical, so you'll only get 25 Mbps up. Only the 25 Mbps is Symmetrical now.

Don't forget to enable IPv6. Shout if you need a hand

Sorry man... I could have sworn OS was 50/50... guess I was looking at the 25 originally and assumed the 50 would be the same.

Ok nothing to see here... move along :D

PS. Please convey my thanks to norah and karabo who assisted me yesterday.

JOEY_8

Didn't see any issues here. KZN right? We did see G Core's CDN crash earlier in the day (14:25 for about 25 mins). But no other issues
Yep KZN. Sorry I forgot to follow up. It came right after a few minutes. Could be related to the issue you mentioned, not sure.

JustinB

What should I be using on a 'tik?

I see options for max mru, and mrru?

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Vumatel trenched , springs, just died , rebooted cpe & router, still no connection what so ever