WebAfrica question

j@w

Talking under correction, but AFAIK hosting an AION emulated server AKA "private server" is highly illegal, especially done by an ISP and then have minions advertise it on the internet.

"PLAY AION FREE WITH 500 OTHER PEOPLE ON A 100 MBIT LINE SPONSORED BY WAGE"

Should be funny to see NCsoft sue Webafrica, or rather buy them out and shut them down.

Lul

Last edited:

j@w

Aion Online Local Server Up and running for those who are interested We currently host a local Aion Server hosted on a 100mb line with a 24/7 uptime server sponsored by WAGE, Dont have the client ? Download it locally! So wanne play Aion Online locally FREE ?

Webafrica promoting piracy as well?
"download the client for free"

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/aion/ lists the game as $50.00 with game time
Monthly fee is also applicable.

Last edited:

Techrat

Where are you getting the idea that WA are hosting an Aion server? I can find nothing about it anywhere.

The only servers mentioned on WAGE's website at that IP are COD:WaW, CSS, AA2 and Urban Terror. Apparently there is a TS server on it also but I cannot see any mention anywhere of this (Aion server) other than here?

Shirou

Expert Member
As far as i know WAGE got nothing todo with it.. Its not there Aion Online server.

And btw.. you can download the client free from ncsoft launcher.. and then pay to play.

Shirou

Expert Member
Did you have a look what VOX does ? Thy host a World Of Warcraft Server

cavedog

Honorary Master
Internet Solutions [IS] hosts war3.co.za which is also illegal.

And yes. The game can be downloaded for free. You pay to play.

Anyways Who cares lets play!

Oh and stop being a newbie and complaining!

Last edited:

Shirou

Expert Member
Going on about ilegal servers hosted.. i dont see the reason for it? I would be glad if any ISP can host all MMO's locally

Masataka

The Aion emulators are way under-developed so you would be lucky to have a working Abyss since there is a ton of stuff that needs to me scripted, etc there. Probably playable till the lvl20's but they will probably up rates to compensate for the lack of content. People can probably have some fun there but the reliability of an official server will always win.

Masataka

Going on about ilegal servers hosted.. i dont see the reason for it? I would be glad if any ISP can host all MMO's locally

Says the person who advertises the server in his sig. Would be cool if ISP's could offer a ping reduction service rather than waste bandwidth on servers which ultimately die, get shutdown, w/e.

Shirou

Expert Member
Well.. i support GamersCube.. if i can find a local MMO i always support.. just like RoseZA hosted by MWEB .. and then World Of Warcaft Hosted by VOX and war3 hosted by IS .

Degaron

I cant see why this is a problem becuase Aion offers no trail at all meaning that you cant even test the game before buying while this atleast provides some kind of look at the game and then its up to the player to decide whether he wants to play on official or not. The aim of this is not to take ppl away from official it was to provide some kind of insight to a well designed game.

and for the record j@w how can u say webafrica is commiting a crime yet your using there accounts lekker to download illigal content, and hosting your own two servers on there accounts. ah the lekker 30GB Local accounts u using for your wow server yip so, by creating this thread u have proven to your community and whoever follows you how big of a coward you are and wasted mybbs time with this.

Shirou

Expert Member
I cant see why this is a problem becuase Aion offers no trail at all meaning that you cant even test the game before buying while this atleast provides some kind of look at the game and then its up to the player to decide whether he wants to play on official or not. The aim of this is not to take ppl away from official it was to provide some kind of insight to a well designed game.

and for the record j@w how can u say webafrica is commiting a crime yet your using there accounts lekker to download illigal content, and hosting your own two servers on there accounts. ah the lekker 30GB Local accounts u using for your wow server yip so, by creating this thread u have proven to your community and whoever follows you how big of a coward you are and wasted mybbs time with this.

Well said.

James

Expert Member

Not to mention a small thing called libel, if I was WA I would not take too kindly to your thread title either

Shirou

Expert Member
I see why South Africa fails that much now when it comes to host something locally for people to njoy, its when people like Jeeva complains.

j@w

Huh? I've got M-Web business uncapped & 100 Mb/s Fibre.... what you talking about?