Weight Loss/ Gain thread Dec 2014 - 2015

I find it immensely fun and useful BUT i'm probably one of few that gets enjoyment out of it. Most balk at the idea of getting hit!

You could however just do it for fitness and never fight if you wanted to, but that kind of defeats the point for me.

I guess it depends on how hard I get hit :D

Think I'll investigate
 
This is something I realised with this... there's no half measures. If you want to do LCHF, do it. If you maybe going to do it, then rather don't do it at all. Also, having 1 handful of carbs, leads to more... it's a very slippery slope. I'll rather just leave it completely and do it proper like.

I agree.

But, by 2pm I was ready to take a bite out of their dog, so ended up hitting the chips :(
 
This is something I realised with this... there's no half measures. If you want to do LCHF, do it. If you maybe going to do it, then rather don't do it at all. Also, having 1 handful of carbs, leads to more... it's a very slippery slope. I'll rather just leave it completely and do it proper like.
Fanie meet Light, Light meet Fanie
 
I guess it depends on how hard I get hit :D

Think I'll investigate

I used to do Kick boxing and thai boxing straight after finishing my matric.

It was the fittest and slimmest i had ever been. I weighed 69kg's. I was fitter than I was throughout school playing rugby and doing athletics.

It was also the hardest i got knocked around. But never by the people i fought, but by my instructor. He was at that stage, age 42, the South African Heavy weight kick boxing champion.
 
Been a bit ill over the last few weeks. Haven't been monitoring my intake and have not been very active. Will weigh tomorrow morning to see if there has been any change.
 
Not getting the results I would like from eating - so decided to get active again. Whilst I understand that exercise counts "relatively" little when losing weight - it should also be a good motivator to eat well.
 
So... just got back from the doc. He did a full medical, don't have any of the results yet, but have to go back tomorrow :( My bacon and egg breakfast screwed with the cholesterol check... lipo-something
 
Weighed in at 80kg this morning.

1kg up :( I have a sneaky suspicion that a) I'm retaining a ton more water than usual due to the strenuous exercise b) I'm gaining muscle first, instead of getting rid of fat :(

I'm eating cleaner than i usually do (not 100% clean, but a salad for lunch and protein + veg for dinner) so my diet is a lot better too, guess i'll have to wait!
 
So... just got back from the doc. He did a full medical, don't have any of the results yet, but have to go back tomorrow :( My bacon and egg breakfast screwed with the cholesterol check... lipo-something

Cholesterol tests should always be fasting.
 
Weighed in at 80kg this morning.

1kg up :( I have a sneaky suspicion that a) I'm retaining a ton more water than usual due to the strenuous exercise b) I'm gaining muscle first, instead of getting rid of fat :(

I'm eating cleaner than i usually do (not 100% clean, but a salad for lunch and protein + veg for dinner) so my diet is a lot better too, guess i'll have to wait!

Muscle gain won't be that fast... probably water. You'll be lucky to gain 500grams+ muscle per month
 
Muscle gain won't be that fast... probably water. You'll be lucky to gain 500grams+ muscle per month
And he won't lose fat unless in a caloric deficit.

Before my evening gym session yesterday all i ate during the day was 5 slices of choc cake and a boerewors roll. Ate a healthy dinner (veg, brown rice, fish) and then midnight snack was fish only. Still lost weight today. IIFYM? Probably water loss too...
 
5 slices of cake?
Yes, but they were small pieces (about credit card size and 15mm thick) :p So, not the monster size you get at a coffee shop. I had 3 for breakfast and 2 for a pre-gym snack. It was someone's birthday and there was too much cake for her to take home.
 
Pretty much calories in calories out:

Here's an extremely generalised calculation

200 calories in 1 piece of Chocolate Cake (with Chocolate Frosting)
1000 calories in 5 + Boerewors roll (400 calories),

Means you are still under your daily recommended to lose weight (average about 1600 - 2200 for men)
 
Sure... though invariably my Tuesday weigh in is less than Monday cause Sunday and Saturday I usually give in to temptation...

Tonight we feast at a Chinese restaurant, so will see what happens to tomorrow's scale reading :p I'll take it easy on the eating though.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X