Weight Loss/ Gain thread Dec 2014 - 2015

ACTUALLY the problem WAS this:


And



Up until then I didn't have a problem with what you guys were saying. In fact I acknowledged that it's not sustainable and I've mentioned ad nauseam that I have a plan. Yes by all means share your views, but don't come here and tell me I'm wrong and you're right. Don't call me ridiculous for my decisions. Don't call me a joke. Don't tell me I'm putting in very little effort when clearly I am.

I am me. My life experiences and decisions based on that are my own. I don't appreciate people basically telling me I'm an idiot for those decisions. You don't know why I made the decisions that I have. I don't need your condescending judgments.

Ultra defensive once again. Learn to play the ball and not the man.

The problem isn't with YOU, it's with your DIET that is a) not only dangerous but b) also not sustainable and c) taking advantage of people who are so desperate for hope that they'll believe in pretty much anything to lose weight - even if their miracle cure is just a placebo.
 
Last edited:
Ultra defensive once again. Learn to play the ball and not the man.

The problem isn't with YOU, it's with your DIET that is a) not only dangerous but b) also not sustainable and c) taking advantage of people who are so desperate for hope that they'll believe in an invisible flying spaghetti monster - in the hopes that the placebo effect will get them somewhere.

THE FSM IS REAL, may his noodly appendages embrace you.
 
I've appreciated all the encouragements so far.

Thanks for starting this thread Drewchan. It was a good idea while it lasted. Please remove me from the challenge.

Done, although healthy debate may be better than giving up
 
So I am thinking of doing Crossfit to get my fitness and metabolism up... Just so darned expensive though!
 
So I am thinking of doing Crossfit to get my fitness and metabolism up... Just so darned expensive though!

My research has shown that a 1 hour fap session is enough for all your fitness needs per day.
 
The problem isn't with YOU, it's with your DIET that is a) not only dangerous but b) also not sustainable and c) taking advantage of people who are so desperate for hope that they'll believe in pretty much anything to lose weight - even if their miracle cure is just a placebo.

I researched this in depth about 5 years ago. Clearly you haven't.
 
I researched this in depth about 5 years ago. Clearly you haven't.

Lets agree to disagree.

People related to this are in jail for fraud, substances are on banned lists etc.

That tells me all I need to know. You can keep preaching your silver bullet, but the truth is there is none. It's hard work. There is no easy cheat code.
 
People related to this are in jail for fraud, substances are on banned lists etc.

People are in jail for all sorts of things. Including vehicular fraud, banking fraud, insurance fraud. Do you make use of any of those still or is it only LCHF that you hold to a higher standard?

Also, sources for your statement? Genuinely interested.
 
People are in jail for all sorts of things. Including vehicular fraud, banking fraud, insurance fraud. Do you make use of any of those still or is it only LCHF that you hold to a higher standard?

Also, sources for your statement? Genuinely interested.

I don't make use of vehicular fraud, banking fraud or insurance fraud. Nor do I tout them as the new messiah or silver bullet. Your argument is a weak one at best.

Additionally, nowhere has LCHF been mentioned. We're talking about HCG and the marketing hype / BS that people are willing to swallow - just because they NEED something to believe in. If you want to keep on believing in unicorns then by all means go ahead, just don't expect me to swallow your BS hook line and sinker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin

As of December 6, 2011, the United States FDA has prohibited the sale of "homeopathic" and over-the-counter hCG diet products and declared them fraudulent and illegal.[4][5][6]
-
Simeons' results were not reproduced by other researchers and in 1976 in response to complaints the FDA required Simeons and others to include the following disclaimer on all advertisements:[36]

These weight reduction treatments include the injection of HCG, a drug which has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration as safe and effective in the treatment of obesity or weight control. There is no substantial evidence that HCG increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or "normal" distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restrictive diets.

— 1976 FDA-mandated disclaimer for HCG diet advertisements
-
Review studies refuting the HCG diet have been published in the Journal of the American Medical Association and the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition,[38] both concluding that HCG is neither safe nor effective as a weight-loss aid.[39]
-
There is no scientific evidence that HCG is effective in the treatment of obesity. The meta-analysis found insufficient evidence supporting the claims that HCG is effective in altering fat-distribution, hunger reduction or in inducing a feeling of well-being. The authors stated “…the use of HCG should be regarded as an inappropriate therapy for weight reduction…” In the authors opinion, “Pharmacists and physicians should be alert on the use of HCG for Simeons therapy. The results of this meta-analysis support a firm standpoint against this improper indication. Restraints on physicians practicing this therapy can be based on our findings.”

— American Society of Bariatric Physicians'[41] commentary on Lijesen et. al (1995)[40]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/595585

Surprise surprise the control group that didn't take HCG exhibits the same weight loss as the group that had. Placebo proven.

Injections of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) have been claimed to aid in weight reduction by reducing hunger, and affecting mood as well as aiding in localized (spot) reduction. We have tested these claims in a double-blind randomized trial using injections of HCG or placebo. Weight loss was identical between the two groups, and there was no evidence for differential effects on hunger, mood or localized body measurements. Placebo injections, therefore, appear to be as effective as HCG in the treatment of obesity.
 
Last edited:
Well seeing as people got arrested for homeopathic fraud, wikipedia is the fountain of knowledge about successful trials, the clinical practice of medical doctors with results means nothing, and you having no interest in actually learning something new, I might as well leave this debate. I came from a position of knowledge, both having researched this extensively 5 years ago, and having done it myself, and although I prefer LCHF I was willing to support the OP in her quest to change her life.

Anyway whatever, I have work to do.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X