What's for supper - Second Course

cerebus

Honorary Master
That Chinese in the styrofoam container.

I have coconut oil and peanut oil to fry with and sesame oil for flavour. Soy sauce, sweet Chilli sauce will coat the meat. I will have to buy some thicker noodles. I have chicken breasts but I think pork would be better. Peppers, spring onions and mushrooms would also be added.

What am I missing?

If I'm going to do what I normally do, I would also throw some coconut cream and curry paste into the whole kabaal and see what comes out the other end.
Well curry, sweet chilli and coconut milk aren't really Chinese flavours so you'll end up with a bit of a hodge podge.

Maybe try cutting out those ingredients and just use a mix of honey and soy sauce for the main flavours. If you have rice wine vinegar use a bit of that too. And be sure to use plenty of chopped ginger and garlic, but only at the very end or they will burn. You can make it into a proper sauce by thickening the flavours with maizena dissolved in water (say 1 tbsp with 2 tbsp water) and mixing them together, including the sesame oil.

Anyway good luck

cn@

Expert Member
Well curry, sweet chilli and coconut milk aren't really Chinese flavours so you'll end up with a bit of a hodge podge.

Maybe try cutting out those ingredients and just use a mix of honey and soy sauce for the main flavours. If you have rice wine vinegar use a bit of that too. And be sure to use plenty of chopped ginger and garlic, but only at the very end or they will burn. You can make it into a proper sauce by thickening the flavours with maizena dissolved in water (say 1 tbsp with 2 tbsp water) and mixing them together, including the sesame oil.

Anyway good luck
:thumbsup:

saor

Honorary Master
Instantpot first run cooking chickpeas.
1hr soak then 35 mins cook and they're soft and creamy. Being able to get chickpeas and beans etc. this quick is amazing.

ch.png

cerebus

Honorary Master
Instantpot first run cooking chickpeas.
1hr soak then 35 mins cook and they're soft and creamy. Being able to get chickpeas and beans etc. this quick is amazing.

View attachment 660892
I'm jealous, been wanting to get one of those for a long time. Or a Thermomix TM5 but that's a different price league altogether. I was at a friend's place the other day and he just got one, I was pretty blown away with what they can do.