What's for supper - Second Course

saor

Honorary Master
Yeah it's fine just more expensive. If you want to make a batch of hummus you'll probably need around 3 cans. Also you can't control the salt levels in canned beans.
Ja. I obviously have no issue with canned but I do prefer cooking stuff myself & the lack of empty cans is nice too. Gonna be stocking up on a nice selection of dried beans & things now that I can finally cook them without hassle.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Make a double batch... Pizza two nights in a row.

Win Win!
That's what I usually do - the pizza I make for myself the second night is always better. We're having Mexican tonight so I've taken the opportunity to whip up a batch of dough for tomorrow.

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
Everything but the cheese.
i am very impressed !!!
i eat the Dr Oetker frozen pizzas every week
Starting to get sick of them and they are R60 each, must learn to make my own pizzas from scratch. Getting the dough consistency right is the biggest challenge

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
i am very impressed !!!
Starting to get sick of them and they are R60 each, must learn to make my own pizzas from scratch. Getting the dough consistency right is the biggest challenge
Even if you just buy the vetkoek dough it will beat Dr Oetker in both taste and price.

But making the dough isn’t too hard, especially not with instant yeast.

cerebus

Honorary Master
i am very impressed !!!
The dough is one important element. You should also learn to make a good base sauce. It can be easily stored and frozen in batches.

https://www.budgetbytes.com/thick-rich-pizza-sauce/

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
i am very impressed !!!
It's taken me a while to tweak the dough recipe but it's worth the effort. The bread machine does all the hard work for me anyway :)

The only thing I'm missing is good flour.