Who here has an etag?

Can just as well repeat it here:

One day a std 4 teacher asked the children what their fathers did
for a living.. All the typical answers came up -- fireman, mechanic,
businessman, salesman, doctor, lawyer, and so forth.

However, little Justin was being uncharacteristically quiet, so when the
teacher prodded him about his father, he finally replied,'

Okay...my father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off all
his clothes in front of other men and they put money in his underwear.

Sometimes, if the offer is really good, he will go home with some guy and stay with him all night for money.'

The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other
children to work on some exercises and then took little Justin aside to
ask him, 'Is that really true about your father?'

'No', the boy said, 'He actually works for Sanral, but I
was too embarrassed to say that in front of the class.'
 
From that T&C's doc:

"When the Agreement ends, you will no longer be registered with us and you will be
categorised as an alternate user if you use the GFIP-toll roads. It is important to note
that, even after this Agreement ends, you might still qualify for the lower VLN tariff fo
the GFIP-toll roads if you pay for e-toll transactions within the grace period. "


There is nothing in there about a termination of your right to use your freeway...

You sound so eager to get one. So do not ask us and get into arguments with the non e tag users. Go buy yourself one, and whilst you're at the shops stop and get a bottle of vaseline too. Good luck
 
Last edited:
You sound so eager to get one. So do not ask us and get into arguments with the non e tag users. Go buy yourself one, and whilst you're at the shops stop and get a bottle of vaseline too. Good luck

I don't see anything wrong with pointing out flaws in peoples arguments - if this thread upsets you so then don't read it.

All I've said, if you take the time to read, is that the "T&Cs are illegal" argument is a bit out of date and not really valid anymore.
 
I don't see anything wrong with pointing out flaws in peoples arguments - if this thread upsets you so then don't read it.

All I've said, if you take the time to read, is that the "T&Cs are illegal" argument is a bit out of date and not really valid anymore.

Come now House give it a rest already.
 
Come now House give it a rest already.

Hilarious.

As I've said before: do whatever works for you, if that is getting an etag then get an etag, if that is not getting an etag then don't get an etag.
 
Hilarious.

As I've said before: do whatever works for you, if that is getting an etag then get an etag, if that is not getting an etag then don't get an etag.

So what is the point of starting a thread to discuss the e-tag? If you want one so badly and keep on defending it then get one. Simple! No need to ask others about their opinions as you have clearly made up your mind.
 
What is the point of starting a thread about anything?

And when did I say that I had made up my mind?
 
What is the point of starting a thread about anything?

And when did I say that I had made up my mind?

You come across as someone who has certainly made up their mind. And that's okay. I've also made up my mind and I'm happy to admit so. No point in hiding it. Considering the thread content, you just come across as rather disingenuous with respect to being in two minds about it...
 
All I've said, if you take the time to read, is that the "T&Cs are illegal" argument is a bit out of date and not really valid anymore.

On this here very website:
On Friday 24 January 2014, the National Consumer Commission’s Head of Advocacy, Education and Awareness, Phumeza Mlungu stated that “SANRAL’s e-tolls terms and conditions are 90% compliant with the Consumer Protection Act” and that “legislative amendments will be required to bring them in line with the Act”.

These statements were made on public television on SABC1 on the “Yilungelo Lakho/It’s your right” current affairs programme of the public broadcaster.

She also stated that the National Consumer Commission has received two complaints and four enquiries with respect to e-tolling since its launch on 3 December 2013.

The Justice Project South Africa (JPSA) highlighted in a press statement that “anything that is “90% compliant” is actually non-compliant and therefore violates the provisions of the Act.

Perhaps you should be less quick to tell other people to take time to read?
 
You come across as someone who has certainly made up their mind. And that's okay. I've also made up my mind and I'm happy to admit so. No point in hiding it. Considering the thread content, you just come across as rather disingenuous with respect to being in two minds about it...

Fair enough.

But I do find it amusing when the main argument that people are throwing around is based on a blog post that was written in April 2012.
 
Fair enough.

But I do find it amusing when the main argument that people are throwing around is based on a blog post that was written in April 2012.

You'll find in the actual E-Tolling thread that people's arguments are not borne from a random blog post. Quite the contrary...
 
So today I was in a rush for once, and had to choose between alternative routes and freeways - from Maraisburg to William Nicol, which is what, 19km of freeway. According to waze, avoiding the 15km of freeway from 14th ave to William Nicol added 25 minutes to my journey time.

I will not pay eTolls. The government and SANRAL have no right to add 25 minutes to my trip if I don't wish to enrich them - that route was available and would have taken the same amount of time before the GFIP started.
 
So today I was in a rush for once, and had to choose between alternative routes and freeways - from Maraisburg to William Nicol, which is what, 19km of freeway. According to waze, avoiding the 15km of freeway from 14th ave to William Nicol added 25 minutes to my journey time.

I will not pay eTolls. The government and SANRAL have no right to add 25 minutes to my trip if I don't wish to enrich them - that route was available and would have taken the same amount of time before the GFIP started.

And they now want you to pay because they didn't have the funds to resurface the roads, when you had been contributing towards this payment for years, probably decades already...
 
Last edited:
And they now want to to pay because they didn't have the funds to resurface the roads, when you had been contributing towards this payment for years, probably decades already...

The old surface was much better than the present surface...
 
Travel times have increased, sure the highway is fast, but the moment you get off the highway you are stuck in a gridlock of people trying to avoid tolls, can they not look at the big picture? It certainly added to my travel times. I am not getting benefit from this mess.

They have spent the money on the roads, they should encourage people to use them, otherwise it is wasted money. Now everyone is off worse, yet some people are actually happy to pay for this mess... I do believe in paying for infrastructure, but this takes dumb to a whole new level. I will only pay if they can prove that it was me driving on the road and not a fake number plate on the same make and model car
 
I would pay up to 50c per kilometer as a casual user if it was easy (online) to check my balance and easy (online) to pay.

i'd also pay up to R10 per day if i used the toll roads every weekday for work.

And what's inflation these days .... oh yes ..... 6% :D:D:D so that's 6% increase per annum.
 
BTW what happens if i borrow an e-tag from one of the company cars and use it in my car while the e-tag owner is out if the country?

It's capped at R450 anyway so won't make a difference to company costs.
 
BTW what happens if i borrow an e-tag from one of the company cars and use it in my car while the e-tag owner is out if the country?

It's capped at R450 anyway so won't make a difference to company costs.

Plate and tag not matching means plate gets charged at full rate
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X