Will you buy canned water?

• Yes

Votes: 38 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 173 82.0%

• Total voters

grok

Honorary Master
If I buy water on the go somewhere it is normal a pump, just because 750ml is convenient or I'll get a liter.

300 ml of water in a can seems really wasteful to me.
Yeah its rather like one block of chocolate, not going to waste time for just one block.

bbaetu

I live between Johannesburg and London UK. Both have great tap water. It really irks me when I see my kids buying bottled or canned water. May as well buy canned air or canned friendship.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Chill Beverages International has launched Africa’s first canned water: DAY Water. The RSP for a can of 300ml DAY is R5.99, and is available in stores nationwide, in both still and sparkling variants.

Question: Will you buy canned water?

View attachment 869181
At R5.99, sure, if I was out and about or at a company vending machine.

But not for home. I've got a water cooler which means I pay R25 for about 20 liters, there's no point.

ld13

Honorary Master
We rarely buy water. Even when we are on the road.

Given corona, when we do buy, we will always go for the 500ml bottle instead of a can, since I can at least crack the seal and know with a fair degree of certainty, that everything under the cap is about as corona free as it gets - cannot say the same for a can. Heck, when we are at home, we even decant the bottle into a glass rather, just to be safe(r). Cannot do the same with a can.

Matt91

Expert Member
I live between Johannesburg and London UK. Both have great tap water. It really irks me when I see my kids buying bottled or canned water. May as well buy canned air or canned friendship.
I've always heard the UK has hard water, that tastes funny and leaves your hair and skin feeling dry and flaky. I've never been so I can't say for myself but literally everyone I know who's been has said the same. :unsure:

Gozzy

Why wouldn't anyway buy canned water..?? What makes it worse than buying bottled water that would make people not want to buy it..?

If anything, this is better than bottled water, considering all the plastic floating around everywhere and anywhere on the planet..
Check this, seems like we have been taken for a ride, appears once you dissolve the Aluminium of a can all that remains is plastic :)

Glass is king :p

Attachments

L-Dog

Expert Member
Profit on water is insane, guys will make a killing if there marketing is right. I personally prefer glass

wbot

Expert Member
Sure. I mostly drink only water. Don't know why so many are against this.

I've bought canned water before so this isn't a new thing