Wireless is a scam

ronald911

Expert Member
Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 9.54.55.png

Anyone that ever tries to sell you a wireless / LTE as a Fibre replacement/alternative is bullpooping you.
It's not even 10am, I cannot even open Speedtest.com, so resorted to running it on my terminal.

Rain is struggling at 0.58mbps and MTN (Afrihost), which is premium is not even 0.20mbps faster than Rain.

Kill me.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm missing my 10mbps ADSL line. Sadly it got discontinued due to cable theft, but when it was working, it was always solid... Other than the last few metres from your router to your devices, internet shouldn't be wireless. Utter dogcrap.

Fibre cannot come soon enough!

ronald911

Expert Member
MTN fixed LTE (Afrihost)
ISP: Air Mobile
Ping: 18ms
Download: 63.23Mbps
Upload: 152.18Mbps
28/7/20 10:48
Same MTN Fixed LTE (afrihost) here.. It's usually great, but the last 2 weeks it's been very up and down constantly.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@ronald911 Sorry for the poor speeds you have been experiencing. I have followed up but there has not been any feedback from MTN yet regarding the issues you are experiencing.

saor

Honorary Master
Anyone that ever tries to sell you a wireless / LTE as a Fibre replacement/alternative is bullpooping you.
Maybe your ISP is kak, but in all the years I've had afrihost LTE I haven't had a single outtage that wasn't corrected after a few minutes with tech support. Compare that to the regular reports of fibre being out in certain areas and ja...your argument works both ways.

ronald911

Expert Member
Maybe your ISP is kak, but in all the years I've had afrihost LTE I haven't had a single outtage that wasn't corrected after a few minutes with tech support. Compare that to the regular reports of fibre being out in certain areas and ja...your argument works both ways.
I'm on the same ISP you are complimenting

sherewarrior

View attachment 882417

It's not even 10am, I cannot even open Speedtest.com, so resorted to running it on my terminal.

Rain is struggling at 0.58mbps and MTN (Afrihost), which is premium is not even 0.20mbps faster than Rain.

Kill me.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm missing my 10mbps ADSL line. Sadly it got discontinued due to cable theft, but when it was working, it was always solid... Other than the last few metres from your router to your devices, internet shouldn't be wireless. Utter dogcrap.

I cancelled my fibre. They are forever digging up the cables. Too unreliable. RAIN gives 520MB/s.
5G cannot be deployed soon enough!

EffisShite

View attachment 882417

Kill me.

I have a Rain problem for months now. The scam is RAIN. I am working from MTN LTE now 84 Mbs but crappy RAIN gives me 0.03 Mbs. You can complain on their website. You only get an automated response and even that is not always the case. SCAM!