Xbox Series X / S

Savy561

Thanks for this info, surprisingly goes very in depth with all the tv info available and the TU7000 does handle image ghosting a little better which is a plus.

groen_mamba

Thanks, so nothing local then? There is a nice charging station by PowerA that seems to be the most popular and recommended one, but can't find any in SA. Guess I'll wait.....

I have bought the play and charge kit, but would prefer to have a charging station where both controllers can go on to when I don't play. Also nice that the PowerA one has its own power plug, so no need to charge through Xbox, I have noticed when I plug in the controller to charge, the console turns on, is this normal and correct? Would prefer the console to stay off, and just charge the controller......

Solitude

Executive Member
1609867726820.png

Week of January 4:
  • eFootball PES 2021 Season Update, January 7 (Android and Console)
  • Injustice 2, January 7 (Android, Console and PC)
  • The Little Acre, January 7 (Android and Console)
Week of January 11:
  • Neoverse, January 14 (PC)
  • Torchlight III, January 14 (Android and Console)
  • What Remains of Edith Finch, January 14 (PC)
  • YIIK: A Postmodern RPG, January 14 (PC)

What's leaving:​

• FTL: Faster Than Light, PC
  • My Friend Pedro, Console, and PC
  • Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet, Console
  • Tekken 7, Console

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
If you into Square Enix games head on over to Xbox Store
As they having a 5 day sale with some games up to 80% off on selected titels:

Check out for Example:
Tomb Raider Definitive edition - R37.35 (I picked up all 3 for R363.40)
Just cause 3 - R65.80
Life is Strange (1-5) - R33.80
Dues Ex Mankind Divided - R70.35
Thief - R25.35
Sleeping Dogs™ Definitive Edition - R37.35

There is also some Warner Bros. Interactive titel's on sale like Hitman 2, Batman and so on.

mr_norris

Expert Member
Has anyone had CEC issues with their Xbox? I am not sure what's to blame here. For the most part, when I turn off the Xbox, the TV turns off. But sometimes the TV doesn't turn off, so I have to turn the Xbox back on then off again, then the TV switches off.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Has anyone had CEC issues with their Xbox? I am not sure what's to blame here. For the most part, when I turn off the Xbox, the TV turns off. But sometimes the TV doesn't turn off, so I have to turn the Xbox back on then off again, then the TV switches off.
That must be your TV or Cable? Maybe it needs an update?

Have a Samsung TU7000 58" and never had any problems with either turning it off/on or switching to a newly powered on device. (Have Pi/PS3 and Xbox that all work as expected)

mr_norris

Expert Member
That must be your TV? Maybe it needs an update?

Have a Samsung TU7000 58" and never had any problems with either turning it off/on or switching to a newly powered on device.
Yeah I'm not sure. There was a recent update but it didn't help. I have a MU7351. Maybe I will give it a reset sometime and see if that helps.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Decided to go "f it" and picked up Assassins Creed Origin & Odyssey on above mentioned sale (R500 for both).... Haven't played any since No 2.

From what I saw they rate Origin lower than Odyssey so decided to play the Origin 1st. and My word!, what a beautiful game. Cant believe I skipped them. Only 1 hour in and can already say Worth it! Plays smooth as butter on Series S so would put it in my "Must have" pile.

bokka1

Expert Member
Decided to go "f it" and picked up Assassins Creed Origin & Odyssey on above mentioned sale (R500 for both).... Haven't played any since No 2.

From what I saw they rate Origin lower than Odyssey so decided to play the Origin 1st. and My word!, what a beautiful game. Cant believe I skipped them. Only 1 hour in and can already say Worth it! Plays smooth as butter on Series S so would put it in my "Must have" pile.

Just take a break between the two games, play a few other games before you start with Odyssey.

I enjoyed both but Origins is my favourite.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Just take a break between the two games, play a few other games before you start with Odyssey.

I enjoyed both but Origins is my favourite.

That is/was the plan. Wanna finish Origin and then mix in some other games I picked up, before I go Odyssey. I just bought em while on sale did the same with Tomb raider and Batman Games. 5 years of MMO's left me with some serious catalog of games to play ;)

I checked which was the best and they rated Origin as no 3 then Valhalla and then Odyssey as no 1. Will maybe get to Valhalla by December or later :D Last played 1 and 2 back when I owned a 360.

Last edited:

Jefferson D'Arcy

Pulled No Man's Sky from Gamepass. I know I'm 4 years behind the curve, but this is a pretty game with a fascinating and very chequered history. You can get a sense of it from a channel I highly recommend:

Last edited:

mr_norris

Expert Member
Pulled No Man's Sky from Gamepass. I know I'm 4 years behind the curve, but this is a pretty game with a fascinating and very chequered history. You can get a sense of it from a channel I highly recommend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5BJVO3PDeQ
Your link resolves to just "youtube", but otherwise that was a great vid. Unfortunately I was on the hype train and preordered. I really only experienced the game as it was at launch. I am now too burnt out for that game.

mr_norris

Expert Member
I'm glad to say that it does!

Already completed the first two prologue missions and then two normal missions. So 4 out of the 14 so far.
When I first heard about this free play days thing I thought it was lame. As soon as I saw your message I started the download. Happy to say I'm also jamming :D