Xbox Series X / S

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
On xbox is there a way to see how many hours you played a game?

Would be fun to see how many hours ive been jamming in AC Origin...Love this game.

ponder

Honorary Master
Decided to go "f it" and picked up Assassins Creed Origin & Odyssey on above mentioned sale (R500 for both).... Haven't played any since No 2.

From what I saw they rate Origin lower than Odyssey so decided to play the Origin 1st. and My word!, what a beautiful game. Cant believe I skipped them. Only 1 hour in and can already say Worth it! Plays smooth as butter on Series S so would put it in my "Must have" pile.

I played origin first followed by odyssey, I like origin way more.

ponder

Honorary Master

Would be fun to see how many hours ive been jamming in AC Origin...Love this game.

What happens if you hover over your last save game? It should give you play time.

mr_norris

Expert Member

I have seen stats displayed in the process tab of the "official club" for games. But it's touch and go. I guess it only works for series console enhanced games, sometimes.

I don't see it working for doom and squadrons, but it's there for Forza horizon 4.

mr_norris

Expert Member
There is an issue with squadrons and resuming. Earlier when I trained, it was a slide show. Later in the evening after doing other stuff, I resumed again and everything was WAY too fast. I was zipping around in space. It's not playable either way so I had to kill and restart the game.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Decided to go "f it" and picked up Assassins Creed Origin & Odyssey on above mentioned sale (R500 for both).... Haven't played any since No 2.

From what I saw they rate Origin lower than Odyssey so decided to play the Origin 1st. and My word!, what a beautiful game. Cant believe I skipped them. Only 1 hour in and can already say Worth it! Plays smooth as butter on Series S so would put it in my "Must have" pile.

That is/was the plan. Wanna finish Origin and then mix in some other games I picked up, before I go Odyssey. I just bought em while on sale did the same with Tomb raider and Batman Games. 5 years of MMO's left me with some serious catalog of games to play ;)

I checked which was the best and they rated Origin as no 3 then Valhalla and then Odyssey as no 1. Will maybe get to Valhalla by December or later :D Last played 1 and 2 back when I owned a 360.

Forgive me, but why are you paying for games when you have been espousing the awesomeness of game pass for months now?

Splinter

Honorary Master
Simple answer, not all games are in gamepass. But you knew that. Go back to your thread troll

I have asked you to substantiate a couple of your posts before; but it seems you declined.

Now, when I am asking a pertinent question, you just go for the base accusation of being a troll.

I would say you need to grow up, and actually answer questions?

Splinter

Honorary Master
Simple answer, not all games are in gamepass. But you knew that. Go back to your thread troll

PS - I agree. But you and others were implying it was the be all and all of gaming previously.

So, now that one of the most fervent supporters of game pass has shown they are now actually spending additional money on decent games - well, I think that says it all.

mr_norris

Expert Member
I have asked you to substantiate a couple of your posts before; but it seems you declined.

Now, when I am asking a pertinent question, you just go for the base accusation of being a troll.

I would say you need to grow up, and actually answer questions?
How dim are you? The very first sentence was the answer. As I said, go back to your thread troll. You and JVC or whatever his name is was funny in the beginning, but the PS5 gospel and Xbox bashing is old now. You are welcome to do what you want elsewhere. You and your trolling isn't welcome here.

I will give you what you want to hear: PS5 GOOD. PS5 THE BEST.

Now piss off would you.

mr_norris

Expert Member
PS - I agree. But you and others were implying it was the be all and all of gaming previously.

So, now that one of the most fervent supporters of game pass has shown they are now actually spending additional money on decent games - well, I think that says it all.
No where did I say it was the best. You are welcome to search my history if you disagree. Whatever floats your boat.

Splinter

Honorary Master
How dim are you? The very first sentence was the answer. As I said, go back to your thread troll. You and JVC or whatever his name is was funny in the beginning, but the PS5 gospel and Xbox bashing is old now. You are welcome to do what you want elsewhere. You and your trolling isn't welcome here.

I will give you what you want to hear: PS5 GOOD. PS5 THE BEST.

Now piss off would you.

You sound very angry. I'm sorry if me pointing out the obvious creates such a reaction from you.

But, no, I will piss in my toilet, but I will still be here being amazed at your inability to see reality.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I have seen stats displayed in the process tab of the "official club" for games. But it's touch and go. I guess it only works for series console enhanced games, sometimes.

I don't see it working for doom and squadrons, but it's there for Forza horizon 4.
There is a way on the app for your phone, but for some reason the app never works while I'm connected to my wifi I need to switch to my mobile, but currently can't do that due to load shedding.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
There is a way on the app for your phone, but for some reason the app never works while I'm connected to my wifi I need to switch to my mobile, but currently can't do that due to load shedding.

If you running something like Pi-hole or other add blocker on your network you might wanna check that? Some Live services get added to the lists for some reason. I had to add whitelists for some of Microsoft's domains to get screenshots and such to work on my Pi-hole.

Lupus

Honorary Master
If you running something like Pi-hole or other add blocker on your network you might wanna check that? Some Live services get added to the lists for some reason. I had to add whitelists for some of Microsoft's domains to get screenshots and such to work on my Pi-hole.
Don't have any of those added, but will check the routers later when I've got power.

Solitude

Executive Member
There is an issue with squadrons and resuming. Earlier when I trained, it was a slide show. Later in the evening after doing other stuff, I resumed again and everything was WAY too fast. I was zipping around in space. It's not playable either way so I had to kill and restart the game.
That sucks. I'll keep an eye out for that.

Solitude

Executive Member

Go read my Jack and Jill story.

*edit*

So far since I got my Series X I've played 6 games on Game Pass and one that I bought. Excellent value for money.

Game - Release date - Metacritic score

On Game Pass:
Gears Tactics - November 10, 2020 - 82
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - November 15, 2019 - 81
Call of the Sea - December 8, 2020 - 77
Sea of Solitude - July 5, 2019 - 72
Wasteland 3 - August 28, 2020 - 84
DOOM Eternal - March 20, 2020 - 88

Bought before I bought the Series X:
Watch Dogs 2

That's immense value for money. I haven't bought a game since I bought the Series X.

Currently busy with Star Wars Squadron that's free to play on the XBox this weekend.

Last edited: