Xbox Series X / S

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
This is actually a known issue with plex on both PS5 and series X. I've been browsing the plex forum every so often to see how plex is doing on the PS5 as I will be getting one next year but this green screen is an issue for everyone using .265. Seems to be affecting PS5 more than the series X but still a problem on both and hope they fix this soon.

The PS5 app has some playback problems at present but there is an update being worked on, I'm just not sure when that will come out as there are issues that are being worked out with Sony. The media support on the PS5 is just not great to begin and if you're using an HDR display it forces everything to HDR unless you manually turn off HDR every time which is really not ideal (this affects all media apps including Plex).

I've found the Xbox SX to be quite a competent media player though, not the best but certainly much better than the PS5.

Nimz

Executive Member
Also setting the display options to 120hz 4K gives me a black screen - have to hard restart console and revert to 60hz 4K

TV in question does support 120hz/4K in theory (HDMI 2.1) - Samsung QLED Q70T
Also, using the high speed cable incl in the box

VoodooBean

Also setting the display options to 120hz 4K gives me a black screen - have to hard restart console and revert to 60hz 4K

I use Belkin ultra high speed cables

Nimz

Executive Member
I use Belkin ultra high speed cables

The 1 included in the box is an Ultra High Speed cable so not sure what else could be the issue

Nimz

Executive Member
Can only be the TV then, well unless someone else here on these forums has any info on how to fix ?

Edit: the console and TV are not speaking to each other imho :(
TV also updated to the latest firmware so not sure what else to try

AlphaJohn

Executive Member

Had the same problem with 4K Avatar + Kodi on Samsung TU7000 at 120. Had sound but no video... the next day I wanted to demo the problem to my brother and it worked perfectly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Most of my media is 1080p that doesn't have any problems, so did not think 2 much about it.

Other Hardware: Series S - 8 Port TP Link Gig Switching hub - Cat 5e Cables streaming off a Synology DS218 NAS. <-- no idea if any of that might have been the problem

Last edited:

Nimz

Executive Member
Had the same problem with 4K Avatar + Kodi on Samsung TU7000 at 120. Had sound but no video... the next day I wanted to demo the problem to my brother and it worked perfectly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Most of my media is 1080p that doesn't have any problems, so did not think 2 much about it.

Other Hardware: Series S - 8 Port TP Link Gig Switching hub - Cat 5e Cables streaming off a Synology DS218 NAS. <-- no idea if any of that might have been the problem
AFAIK the TU7000 has only a 60hz panel and that's why when you tested it blacked screened, then when you tested the next day it reverted to the 60hz setting and therefore worked. :unsure:

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
AFAIK the TU7000 has only a 60hz panel and that's why when you tested it blacked screened, then when you tested the next day it reverted to the 60hz setting and therefore worked. :unsure:

60hz panel yes, but has 120 via Auto motion? When it blanked out I tried Game mode (60) and auto (120) and still got a blank screen. Worked perfectly fine the following day and seeing that its the only 4K@120 video I have, it didn't bother me.... just mentioning it here in case it might help pinpoint the problem.

Savy561

60hz panel yes, but has 120 via Auto motion? When it blanked out I tried Game mode (60) and auto (120) and still got a blank screen. Worked perfectly fine the following day and seeing that its the only 4K@120 video I have, it didn't bother me.... just mentioning it here in case it might help pinpoint the problem.
Speaking of which, how is the TU7000? Is there any noticable ghosting or image doubling during motion? Gonna be upgrading my RU7100 soon cause the tv has this horrible ghosting effect which makes gaming borderline unplayable in motion.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Speaking of which, how is the TU7000? Is there any noticable ghosting or image doubling during motion? Gonna be upgrading my RU7100 soon cause the tv has this horrible ghosting effect which makes gaming borderline unplayable in motion.

I normally turn it off for games. When watching TV, its fine. Still has Soap opera effect esp on scenes with loads of movement.

If you using it in pure 60hz its a blast.

Savy561

I normally turn it off for games. When watching TV, its fine. Still has Soap opera effect esp on scenes with loads of movement.

If you using it in pure 60hz its a blast.
I always disable the auto motion plus setting so not sure if my specific tv actually has a problem or if it's the brand of tv's but the horrible ghosting appears no matter the setting, it's oddly the worst in game mode and pc mode which has the highest response time which is quite odd. It is somewhat lessened when movie mode is enabled or when backlight is set to full brightness but still remains. If the TU7000 handles this well with game mode then I might just bite the bullet soon.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
I always disable the auto motion plus setting so not sure if my specific tv actually has a problem or if it's the brand of tv's but the horrible ghosting appears no matter the setting, it's oddly the worst in game mode and pc mode which has the highest response time which is quite odd. It is somewhat lessened when movie mode is enabled or when backlight is set to full brightness but still remains. If the TU7000 handles this well with game mode then I might just bite the bullet soon.

groen_mamba

Anyone seen any decent Xbox series charging stations? I can only find ones for Xbox One, and it seems the battery cover at the back of the controller is slightly different, hence I dont want to take that chance......?

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Anyone seen any decent Xbox series charging stations? I can only find ones for Xbox One, and it seems the battery cover at the back of the controller is slightly different, hence I dont want to take that chance......?
Xbox One = USB Micro
Xbox Series = USB Type C

So has to be for specified that its for Series Consoles. That said I haven't seen any yet... suspect to early in console's life to get decent & cheap accessories.