Xbox Series X / S

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Go read my Jack and Jill story.
Imma just ignore him....
He is upset cause the cost of his choice left him broke so he cant afford something to play... why else would he be sitting on the forum at night trolling instead of playing games :D

I guess cause I have a house I should not pay to stay when vacation or cause I have food at home I should not go out to eat either.... either limited mind set or out to troll.

bar1

Expert Member
Decided to go "f it" and picked up Assassins Creed Origin & Odyssey on above mentioned sale (R500 for both).... Haven't played any since No 2.

From what I saw they rate Origin lower than Odyssey so decided to play the Origin 1st. and My word!, what a beautiful game. Cant believe I skipped them. Only 1 hour in and can already say Worth it! Plays smooth as butter on Series S so would put it in my "Must have" pile.
is it still available?

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
is it still available?
Sadly no. :(
Was one week only Special.

Bliksem!!!!!... I see Origin Gold is now R2200... and some noobs ask me why I bought a R200 game when I have GamePass.

Edit: If you have access to a PlayStation, they have Odyssey and some others on sale.
Edit2: Oh wait I have the Origin Delux Edition so thats only R1150.00 but still not bad for R200. Odyssey R1440 was Gold edition for R200.

Last edited:

bar1

Expert Member
Sadly no. :(
Was one week only Special.

Bliksem!!!!!... I see Origin Gold is now R2200... and some noobs ask me why I bought a R200 game when I have GamePass.

Edit: If you have access to a PlayStation, they have Odyssey and some others on sale.
Edit2: Oh wait I have the Origin Delux Edition so thats only R1150.00 but still not bad for R200. Odyssey R1440 was Gold edition for R200.
i do have a playstation...suppose i can play there.
thanks

ld13

Honorary Master
Forgive me, but why are you paying for games when you have been espousing the awesomeness of game pass for months now?

Everyone's needs are different. I cannot, and will not, pay R1000+ a pop for single games. They can go fly a kite. It will never happen. But <R50pm for the next 3 years for a random selection of OK games including all Microsoft games & flight simulator on the PC? SIGN ME UP

Compared to the 3 cartridges I had on my first and only console, some random Atari, ... Game pass is pure awesomeness and feels like having unlimited games.

Is the Game pass the be-all and end-all? Not at all. Have I bought extra games that ain't on game pass? Yes. But for me, it was stupid small games like Uno and Monopoly. To each their own I guess.

Nimz

Executive Member
Posted on another forum yesterday

Anyone having issues with their consoles randomly switching off or restarting?

I initially thought it was just a problem with the Kodi app when trying to stream 4K movies but it has now started while gaming (only twice).
Yesterday in the middle of my FIFA 21 match it just turned off

Getting rather pissed off now

Xbox Series S
Samsung QLED Q70T TV
Samsung Q800T Sound bar

Latest Firmware installed on both console & TV
Using original ultra high speed HDMI cable that came with the console - plugged into HDMI port 4 (supports 120HZ)

Anyway, contacted Microsoft support who asked me where the console is placed and if it has adequate room for cooling - I confirmed that it does.

The agent then advised that it must be a hardware issue and will log an exchange which will take 10-14 days.

Didn't have my serial number on hand at the time so will have to call back to log the exchange.

I wonder if I will get a refurbished device or new - seeing as they have stock shortages I'm hoping it's new

ld13

Honorary Master
Anyway, contacted Microsoft support who asked me where the console is placed and if it has adequate room for cooling - I confirmed that it does.

Odd. My Series X did this once or twice, afaik, and never again. One of the times it crashed so hard it dropped all the controllers and I had to re-sync them all. I did tweak its position a bit in the meanwhile though... will have to push the console a bit to see if it happens again.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Imma just ignore him....
He is upset cause the cost of his choice left him broke so he cant afford something to play... why else would he be sitting on the forum at night trolling instead of playing games :D

I guess cause I have a house I should not pay to stay when vacation or cause I have food at home I should not go out to eat either.... either limited mind set or out to troll.
Umm, not quite.

Besides, I wasn't trolling - just pointing out something that looked odd, given the constant hype from you about GP. I see it got a load of reaction.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Everyone's needs are different. I cannot, and will not, pay R1000+ a pop for single games. They can go fly a kite. It will never happen. But <R50pm for the next 3 years for a random selection of OK games including all Microsoft games & flight simulator on the PC? SIGN ME UP

Compared to the 3 cartridges I had on my first and only console, some random Atari, ... Game pass is pure awesomeness and feels like having unlimited games.

Is the Game pass the be-all and end-all? Not at all. Have I bought extra games that ain't on game pass? Yes. But for me, it was stupid small games like Uno and Monopoly. To each their own I guess.

And I'm not disagreeing with you on this.

If this is your budget, it is what it is. And makes perfect sense. So enjoy.