Xbox Series X / S

buffalobill

They're decent. I went rechargeable at least ten years ago. One thing I would say is stick with the name brands, same with power packs. You might pay a bit more but it's worth it.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Is Spiderman and Dark Souls finished? Bored with no Game Pass to tie you over? Then, my friend, you are in the right thread! For only R6999+R15 you can start enjoying Halo and Gears until you are absolutely sick of it! Play Jedi Fallen Order until you can choke out Vader, and be Leadfoot van der Merwe in Forza 4. You know you want to! Give your TV stand a break from carrying that heavy white monstrosety. Give it to charity. Join the GP cult. Resistance is futile. :)

You can’t play Forza 4....

Yes I’m being difficult.

buffalobill

Indeed you will need deep pockets. That ROG swift at 1000nits will be like looking directly into the sun if you turn it up.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Damnation and apologies. I confused myself and meant the Odyssey DLC. TBH I don't know about Origins. Sorry for the misdirection.

I was just about to come ask if you mixed them up because the Origins DLC was pretty good.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Thanks gents, these seem to be NiMH though? I would really like to get my hands on some rechargeable Lithium AA batteries if such a product exists.

(I was gifted what looks like a fairly decent Lithium charger that I would like to put to good use if possible)

EDIT: can't find anything available locally. While 14500s are the right size, they're not the right voltage. Amazon has some options available but as far as I know, shipping batteries internationally is not something they're fond of.

Buy the Uniross Hybrios but make sure you get the high capacity 2100mAh ones.

They are NiMH but retain their charge. Can even use them straight out of the packet.

ld13

Honorary Master

They are NiMH but retain their charge. Can even use them straight out of the packet.

Also a fan of Uniross, but I must say the green Energizers also retain their charge, and comes charged, out of the packet. Think it is the latest NiMH tech, and is not specific to Uniross?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Also a fan of Uniross, but I must say the green Energizers also retain their charge, and comes charged, out of the packet. Think it is the latest NiMH tech, and is not specific to Uniross?
Yeah Eneloop started it and then Uniross (locally) got on the wagon so Energizer probably catching up.

martin

Expert Member
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Don't want to derail the thread any further with #batterychat. Looks like branded NiMH is my best bet then. Appreciate the help :thumbsup:

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Don't want to derail the thread any further with #batterychat. Looks like branded NiMH is my best bet then. Appreciate the help :thumbsup:

PS: Lith-io AA do exist but its gonna be cheaper to use a play and charge kit for R499 (That is actually Lith-ion)
Cheapest AA I found was about R1000 including shipping for a 4 Pack via Amazon so no worth it.... yet

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Where did you get them in SA?

But quite honestly it’s too much for what it is now.

Get the Uniross at Builders or Makro for the same experience and half the money.

Bulk of them I have are 10 years old and still going strong.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master

But quite honestly it’s too much for what it is now.

Get the Uniross at Builders or Makro for the same experience and half the money.

Bulk of them I have are 10 years old and still going strong.
I got these from them about 4 years back but they're starting to lose their charge now.

I'll be honest the extra 400mAh did make a small difference. Added an few hours hours compared to the 2300mAh Energizers that I have now...

20210120_221212.jpg

Last edited:

Pegasus

Executive Member

I also have the Uniross ones.
They’ve worked for more than 10 years and hold a charge for months on end.

Neverready and Duracell don’t hold a charge for long.