Xbox Series X / S

There is a huge market for Sony on PC. I wonder if these moves would impact the amount of people buying Playstations if they know they can get the exclusives on PC at 'some point in the future' - probably not.

Don't think so. It will affect the sales as PC games are normally cheaper than console and people like me would but select games on PC rather than console. I do think the extra people buying on PC would make up for the loss in the long run.

Personally I would love it if they opt for something like what The Ascent did. if you buy the game on Microsoft store, you can install on console or PC if you like. (EG: get both versions)
 
I dunno how people are still playing and having fun with FH5. Bugs aside, there's no sense of progression or achievement there. I've played (read: fcked around) in there for about 31 hours.

I see my Halo Infinite is sitting at 44 hours already :eek:
I've had a really good time with Forza Horizon 5. I find if very relaxing...

Up until this last patch. Now it's just a frustration. It's so buggy on my side that I'm done with the game now. Will move to Halo Infinite.
 
Don't think so. It will affect the sales as PC games are normally cheaper than console and people like me would but select games on PC rather than console. I do think the extra people buying on PC would make up for the loss in the long run.

Personally I would love it if they opt for something like what The Ascent did. if you buy the game on Microsoft store, you can install on console or PC if you like. (EG: get both versions)
ja I wish EA would do that.
 
If anyone missed the BF deals. Currently through Avo

View attachment 1209022

Thanks! This is a limited price/offer and not everyone will see it at this price from what I can see. Seems to be a 5% extra discount. On another account I am seeing the same items for R6199.

The hoops being referred to is getting the app to work - it can be problematic.
 
Kinda but note...
I have PS5 + Xbox series and for me it was still cheaper than a proper FX card, let alone new gaming PC :(
You might have to start spending money on 2 game passes soon. Looks like they plan on merging PS Plus and PS Now. But offer a 3 tier package
 
I have both FNB and Nedbank account, but have never purchased from Avo. You can purchase from them like any marketplace, there shouldn't be any hoops to jump through
Thanks ;)

Will go dig around and make a few calls
 
You might have to start spending money on 2 game passes soon. Looks like they plan on merging PS Plus and PS Now. But offer a 3 tier package

Not an Issue.

Already paying for PS Plus & (GamePass + Games for Gold) aka Ultimate

All depends on second tier price for PS Plus would be. Not interested in 3rd tier.
 
Thanks! This is a limited price/offer and not everyone will see it at this price from what I can see. Seems to be a 5% extra discount. On another account I am seeing the same items for R6199.

The hoops being referred to is getting the app to work - it can be problematic.

Really? Not sure what would make me special to see it at a lower price. It's on the home page as a limited offer this week
 
Really? Not sure what would make me special to see it at a lower price. It's on the home page as a limited offer this week

Indeed. When I log out or log into another account, it is R6199. This "limited offer/only this week" is there every week and refers to some noteworthy specials - most of the deals there have been on the list a while.

1638965335037.png
 
Nm. Took the plunge and bought one. Now the wait starts. Xmas gift for my 2 boys. And offcourse yours truly will also play the odd game or two. ;-)

Does SX games at 1440p look visibly better on a 4k tv compared to 1080p gaming on XB1 on same 4k tv?
 
Nm. Took the plunge and bought one. Now the wait starts. Xmas gift for my 2 boys. And offcourse yours truly will also play the odd game or two. ;-)

Does SX games at 1440p look visibly better on a 4k tv compared to 1080p gaming on XB1 on same 4k tv?
Yep. Texture quality is much better. And the frame rate is even more noticeable.

Congrats!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X