Zoom Video Conferencing (Skype Alternative)

RedViking

Nord of the South
Skype is not the way it used to be. We'll the 'free' one anyways. Some love it, most hate it. And I have been looking for an alternative for while now. I've tried other software like Discord, but it didn't work for me.

It seems the Freelance community I am involved with (aka Filipinos) use Zoom.

I tried it out and it is great!

I also do a lot of Screen Sharing, Skype absolutely sucked regarding speeds and quality, so always have to use Skype+Teamviewer. Teamviewer there are always issues with sound etc.

Zoom just seems to work and the quality is awesome for my super fast 3Mbps/0.5Mbps ADSL line, including when I have to remote control.

You can also record the meetings. Free version is limited to 40 minutes meetings, but there are paid options. And you can quickly jump back into a meeting if time is over.

1541657482615.png

1541657635679.png

1541657846805.png

Anyways, I thought I would share this. Maybe you have a better alternative to suggest.

Last edited:

Daruk

Honorary Master
Zoom, Uberconference
I think Zoom has been the easiest for me to use.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Zoom, Uberconference
I think Zoom has been the easiest for me to use.
I wish I discovered it earlier. Have wasted countless of hours and money with connection problems with Skype and Teamviewer.

Daruk

Honorary Master
I wish I discovered it earlier. Have wasted countless of hours and money with connection problems with Skype and Teamviewer.
Yeah, there are quite a few operators in this space now. It used to be the domain of Cisco et al. I’m glad it’s opened up a bit!

Hangouts is better than Skype mostly too.
Gotomeeting is another alternative.

Sanzer

Zoom I agree is very user friendly. we did use the webex system buy recently swopped over and it is so much better.