Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there APoc,

If you still do not come right, try this --> freeze or even uninstall Google+

Cheers
D


It's me again!

Same problem with the process.android.acore stopping constantly.

I did a wipe(data factory reset & cache) again last night before flashing the LP7 ROM via ODIN.
I then proceeded to set up the phone with my gmail details before switching it off and into download mode to root it with CF-Root.
Then downloaded Titanium Backup again and started the restore batch process. This time making sure to not include any RED apps. I also unticked apps I did not find necessary anymore(News24, Instagram, etc.) Was about 31 restores in total.
The restore finished and I did a restart of the phone as recommended by Titanium.

Then as soon as the phone comes back on again and I restore my Apex Launcher settings it starts crashing. Can't go into the dialer, contacts, whatsapp and sometimes the applications grid. I can however access Gmail, Ubersocial and the gallery without it crashing immediately.

Also cannot answer any incoming calls. You can see who is phoning and it gives you the "rings" to accept or decline the call but the touchscreen is non-responsive. All the hardware buttons(volume, power, home) are also dead and then it gives the same process.android.acore error.

Eish.

Help please!
 
Ai tog. I give up.

I somehow managed to stop the "android.process.acore" error from happening by following some advice on a google link. Can't remember it now. But it said the problem has something to do with syncing

It said I must go into Applications -> All, then Force Stop and Clear Data for the following apps/services:
Google Service Framework
Gmail
Contacts
Contacts Storage

It fixed the problem and phone works now. But now my Market keeps crashing and I cannot download apps. Not a train smash but not ideal.

Going to do a full wipe and flash again tonight and not restore anything. Will start from scratch with app data. Pretty sure it will take less time than trying to keep fixing this.

Thanks for letting us know. I think this can be very useful...good luck
 
Decided to install the generic South African ICS ROM and very pleased with the results so far.

Battery life is great, getting to the point where I only have to charge every second night. Cool bananas.

*The Facebook, Engadget and YouTube apps munch your battery in no time! :(

Screenshot_2012-05-29-18-40-53.png
 
Guys please when posting about your battery time and what not, add a screen shot of your screen on time as well.
 
Guys please when posting about your battery time and what not, add a screen shot of your screen on time as well.

I did the "remove-the-battery-for-5-minutes-once-the-phone-is-100%-charged" trick, and it seems to be working.
 
Decided to install the generic South African ICS ROM and very pleased with the results so far.

Battery life is great, getting to the point where I only have to charge every second night. Cool bananas.

*The Facebook, Engadget and YouTube apps munch your battery in no time! :(

Screenshot_2012-05-29-18-40-53.png

Come back to me when they look like this:

KVjQF.jpg
 
And what is it like when you actually use your phone? That looks like very light usage ... screen on time can't be more than an hour and phone calls probably also less than an hour...

About 4 hours if I look at call records, Screen brightness is set to 10% and not Auto brightness.
 
Just some feedback!

All is good now. Re-flashed my ROM and did restoring of apps one by one! No problems anymore!

Thanks for all the help and advice.
 
For the record you are the one that started asking questions, I was merely mocking kingrob's attempt at bragging about light power use :)

True. I asked.
What kind of benchmarks do you get with the Desire? According to AnTuTu it should be around 3000?
 
True. I asked.
What kind of benchmarks do you get with the Desire? According to AnTuTu it should be around 3000?

I think its way less, about 2500 or around there, don't usually go by benchmarks as it can be manipulated at rom level.
 
Just some feedback!

All is good now. Re-flashed my ROM and did restoring of apps one by one! No problems anymore!

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Great news... it must have been painful to go through the apps 1 by 1
 
Come back to me when they look like this:

haha....that is exceptional for a Desire HD, sometimes mine didn't even make a full day. :eek:

But I'm just showing how the battery performance can be for "normal" use, without any tweaks on a Galaxy S2 with official ROM.

Using Gmail, sending whatsapp and sms messages, making a few phone calls, searching on the web, etc.

*And I'm using both cores of the phone, it's not handicapped in any way. Maybe with Touchwiz running on it. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X