WiFI Calling for iPhone 16 on Afrihost Airmobile & MTN Pi

DashPole

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2015
Messages
240
Reaction score
98
Location
Beverley A.H, Sandton, JHB.
As per the title, does WiFi calling (VoWiFi) work on either of these networks?

  1. Afrihost AirMobile
  2. MTN Pi
Context: I'm currently on Cell C and porting my number elsewhere, mainly because Cell C doesn't support WiFi calling on iPhone 15 and upwards. It's a dealbreaker feature for me because I travel.
 
I wouldn't be surprised if you'll only find VoWiFi on Telkom, Cell C, MTN and Voda.
 
Some feedback:

  1. Afrihost AirMobile: Does not support WiFi Calling
  2. MTN Pi: Does support but not outside of South Africa (Same story as a normal MTN sim)

I guess it's between Vodacom & Telkom then.
 
Some feedback:

  1. Afrihost AirMobile: Does not support WiFi Calling
  2. MTN Pi: Does support but not outside of South Africa (Same story as a normal MTN sim)

I guess it's between Vodacom & Telkom then.
MTN recently removed their geo-block on their VoWiFi, but it works intermittently at best.

Vodacom works best, Telkom a close second. I’ve even turned roaming off on both those lines.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1608.jpeg
    IMG_1608.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1609.jpeg
    IMG_1609.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 17
I'll give MTN a test when I am in Mozambique.

I'm glad that Vodacom is confirmed to be working.
my only issue with it on vodacom (could just be my phone) is i cant use data when its on and im on a call..
again could just be my phone
 
Check that your VoLTE is enabled on your phone because Vodacom does support that feature.
it is.. ive had them on the line for this cause one day it just stopped working and then ha to get them reset a node or what not.
cant remember why i had it on the first place i just know its there and it works (calls wise). just sucks at using data and call at the same time prob just me
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X