Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
I've recently - 4 August - had a phone line installed. Called Telkom the same day, asked to change billing address and to apply for DSL, couldn't apply for DSL because the line installation wasn't registered as "complete" yet. Guy said he'd call me back the next day. He did. I applied for DSL, everything went smoothly, was told I could get it, etc, etc, etc.

Now, out of morbid curiosity I've gone to https://secure1.telkom.co.za/app/dslavailability/ to see whether or not I can get DSL. I think I jinxed myself :eek: I get told:

Telephone number 021914XXXX
Adsl Support The exchange supports ADSL.

Your exchange supports ADSL, but due to infrastructure related problems cannot offer an ADSL service.
Should you wish to register your details in order be contacted when the infrastructure issues are resolved, please click here.

The provision of Telkom's DSL service is subject to network availability, distance, copper quality and line sync speed limitations.

I live in an apartment complex, and I thought that as long as I could get a copper phone line, that getting DSL shouldn't be a problem?

When applying for it, everything went smoothly, as I said. Could the information on that page just be out-dated or incorrect? TELL ME I CAN GET DSL!!!! I don't want to move :(

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
*stares at the peanut-fight* o_O'

*gives Mr Ook him's very own speshul peanut* :D

I was down and not-running? :p

Dee Lycanthrope-ness is not a druggie >.> Or slurred speech... And washes him's hairs ^.^

lilGr

Expert Member
/me throws a water balloon on those fighting over the peanut :D

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
*throws Julius Malema at TIAL*

Muahahahaha!

Just got called by Telkom a few seconds ago. They're apparently installing my DSL today! :eek: I guess I'll find out whether or not I can get it by 12:00 :x *nervous*

I said, "I wonder what the catch is" out loud and other-half person goes and cracks in a horror-movie voice, "You will be dead in twenty days! The Telkom wires will get you when you least expect it!" And proceeded to make "Psycho" "eee-eee-eee" sounds... -.-"

*finds an industrial-sized hair dryer to un-soggify the peanut*

stoke

Honorary Master
Good luck Lycanthrope ... with the Techie ... not the hairdryer ...

*throws Julius Malema at TIAL*

Muahahahaha!

Just got called by Telkom a few seconds ago. They're apparently installing my DSL today! :eek: I guess I'll find out whether or not I can get it by 12:00 :x *nervous*

I said, "I wonder what the catch is" out loud and other-half person goes and cracks in a horror-movie voice, "You will be dead in twenty days! The Telkom wires will get you when you least expect it!" And proceeded to make "Psycho" "eee-eee-eee" sounds... -.-"

*finds an industrial-sized hair dryer to un-soggify the peanut*

*Gets out a giant baseball bat*
*Whacks Julius Malema to the sun*
RAS!!! :mad: