Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Thank you stoke :D I fear my emotional volatility if I get told, "Er, sorry, we couldn't install your DSL after all..." At least I get to find out today instead of three weeks down the line - which was what I was expecting. Hopefully it gets installed... Because I really don't see myself lugging a fridge, washing machine, bed, furniture, etc around again :p

@ TIAL ... No one likes having their sun polluted >.>

stoke

Honorary Master
Lulz, do not leave objects like golf clubs or cricket bats or for that matter knives in reaching distance when the techie is there ... if he cannot get it working .. the temptation may just be overwhelming!

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Woohoo!!! Got my ADSL line installed!

Murphey's Law though - my router seems to have kicked le proverbial bucket. It connects, detects everything, but wireless is as dead as a doorknob and it refuses to "work." Eh well, unless anyone out there has any suggestions, it seems I'm going to be forking out dosh for a new router... I think a nice D-Link would be a good investment?

gambithunt

Woohoo!!! Got my ADSL line installed!

Murphey's Law though - my router seems to have kicked le proverbial bucket. It connects, detects everything, but wireless is as dead as a doorknob and it refuses to "work." Eh well, unless anyone out there has any suggestions, it seems I'm going to be forking out dosh for a new router... I think a nice D-Link would be a good investment?

Woot woot for you. Welcome to the online world, for all your searching need I recommend Google.com, shopping amazon.com (they dont use SA post any more due to the theft), this forum for discussion and xxxpla... oops :D, you are going to have to find that one yourself.

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
*throws another peanut at gambithunt* :p

I'm quite well aware of the latest happenings, thanks :D

Other half just brought home a new router. The... speed... is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! *smothers it in kisses* I promise I'll never insult another 4mbps connection again so long as I live!!! Although, I'd prefer it without the cap :p

I have to admit, after spending the last half-year on a backwater "FreeBSD" connection shared by 80-odd apartments which has been so badly shaped and ported that you're lucky if you even manage to watch a 2 minute YouTube vid, Telkom looks a whole lot less like a devil :p I still don't like them though :)

I'm using that semi-shaped IS package with Nexus.co.za as my ISP now. First impression? AWESOME! Oh baby... talk dirty...