Accelerit ISP review

cavedog

Honorary Master
Our lines are neither shaped nor throttled. Try us out :)
I wanted to switch to you guys or at least see what you are offering. Aeonova360 said that Cool Ideas, Accelerit, A360and Level-7 is an option for me as my fibre ISP and the Aeonova360 will be the fibre line provider but your email support just denies this and say no coverage sorry...

agentrfr

Expert Member
Well, sorry Accelerit. You guys are definitely shaping tonight at exactly 1Mbps per port. I have screenshots. Will be posting them...

agentrfr

Expert Member
To be clear, the prepaid thing is really nice. We are moving in Feb/March so I need an ISP that will let me do that.

Any other time during the day the service is perfect. Right now between 7:30PM and about 12:00AM this is borderline unusable

agentrfr

Expert Member
The following was just a single thread ftps transfer. Port 6408. Only me on the network so nothing else is downloading.

accelerit shaping 20180116.jpg

agentrfr

Expert Member
Finished video encoding now want to watch some twitch. I have the ftps transfer single thread at ~120 kB/s, usenet over ssl port 563 at an average 86.2 kB/s (so with overhead ~100 kB/s) AND a 4 thread HLS stream over http (I have confirmed port 80) that SHOULD be running at 4000 kbps (500kB/s) running at 122 kB/s.

That is three different programs, on three different ports, two with single threads, one with four threads EACH running at 100-120kB/s. With 3 programs each running at approximately 1 Mpbs each (~125 kB/s) that tells me that somewhere I am being shaped to 1Mbps per port.

accelerit shaping 20180116 3.jpg

agentrfr

Expert Member
Given up on trying to watch twitch, now leaving just the ftps going

accelerit shaping 20180116 4.jpg

agentrfr

Expert Member
At least it appears that if I did use netflix I would be able to watch 3 4k streams. Too bad I watch things on twitch.tv though I guess

accelerit shaping 20180116 5.jpg

agentrfr

Expert Member
While I'm at it, tracert to the ftps server

accelerit shaping 20180116 6.jpg

And to the twitch cdn trying to serve me the video stream

accelerit shaping 20180116 7.jpg

agentrfr

Expert Member
Left the fpts running while I watch TV because I couldnt possibly stream anything not from youtube or netflix which appear to be exempt from the shaping rules...

Appalling performance right now. Literally unusable. Can watch a 360p stream or just leave my download to continue

accelerit shaping 20180116 8.jpg

agentrfr

Expert Member
Youtube and netflex definitely exempt from shaping rules

Edit: mybb downscaling my images. Youtube stats say connection speed is 811109 kbps (81 Mbps)

accelerit shaping 20180116 9.jpg

agentrfr

Expert Member
Uh I need to get up tomorrow at like 5, so I'm going to bed. Single thread is about 2 Mbps currently

agentrfr

Expert Member
Morining, it is better and more useable but not 100/100. Anything not on the exempt shape list is indeed shaped.

The ftps currently:

accelerit shaping 20180116 11.jpg

AcceleritZa

Finished video encoding now want to watch some twitch. I have the ftps transfer single thread at ~120 kB/s, usenet over ssl port 563 at an average 86.2 kB/s (so with overhead ~100 kB/s) AND a 4 thread HLS stream over http (I have confirmed port 80) that SHOULD be running at 4000 kbps (500kB/s) running at 122 kB/s.

That is three different programs, on three different ports, two with single threads, one with four threads EACH running at 100-120kB/s. With 3 programs each running at approximately 1 Mpbs each (~125 kB/s) that tells me that somewhere I am being shaped to 1Mbps per port.

View attachment 491195
Will definitely investigate the twitch issue further. Have you taken a look at the general twitch issues other users have posted on the forum?

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/932348-Possible-Twitch-Streaming-Solution

Quote below -:

"
Twitch streaming is *****. We've been using restream for a few months, but are moving more and more to YouTube. The whole experience (for the watcher) is just way better.
But yeah, restream is cool, and I get my full upstream with it to their Russian server. We generally stream at 7000kbps (1080p 60FPS).
"

I'm glad Netflix runs well. That said we will continue looking into the issues on your end for the services you use so we can resolve what we can on our end ASAP.

AcceleritZa

I wanted to switch to you guys or at least see what you are offering. Aeonova360 said that Cool Ideas, Accelerit, A360and Level-7 is an option for me as my fibre ISP and the Aeonova360 will be the fibre line provider but your email support just denies this and say no coverage sorry...
Will you please do me a favour and drop us a note via https://www.accelerit.co.za/?page_id=63

We will then give you our prepaid pricing options and get you activated as soon as you are ready!

agentrfr

Expert Member
Will definitely investigate the twitch issue further. Have you taken a look at the general twitch issues other users have posted on the forum?

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/932348-Possible-Twitch-Streaming-Solution

Quote below -:

"
Twitch streaming is *****. We've been using restream for a few months, but are moving more and more to YouTube. The whole experience (for the watcher) is just way better.
But yeah, restream is cool, and I get my full upstream with it to their Russian server. We generally stream at 7000kbps (1080p 60FPS).
"

I'm glad Netflix runs well. That said we will continue looking into the issues on your end for the services you use so we can resolve what we can on our end ASAP.
I'm struggling to stream down from twitch, not up to twitch....

Also, there appears to have been a change in your shaping profile. I am now shaped to ~ 1Mbps per thread, not per port anymore (yay?)

Please dont say you dont shape. This is exactly what shaping is. I can fast.com at 95 Mbps but any download or upload to or from anything not on your shaping whitelist I get hit at 1Mbps. Wthf.

accelerit shaping 20180116 12.jpg

cavedog

Honorary Master
I'm struggling to stream down from twitch, not up to twitch....

Also, there appears to have been a change in your shaping profile. I am now shaped to ~ 1Mbps per thread, not per port anymore (yay?)

Please dont say you dont shape. This is exactly what shaping is. I can fast.com at 95 Mbps but any download or upload to or from anything not on your shaping whitelist I get hit at 1Mbps. Wthf.

View attachment 491811
I saw some of your trace routes. Looks like Accelerit is using cool ideas as their backbone provider :confused: