Accelerit ISP review

xera

Expert Member
Accelerit Fiber sucks - latency/lag spikes, shaping on a business line.

I see what these Accelerit guys are doing. They give you crap service, then the moment you do a speedtest, your speed/latency get improved for a bit.

Business line here, 150/150, with 2ms ping to Google.com. Yet I am getting crazy lag spikes and timeouts all over the place.
My PC is directly connected via gigabit Ethernet to the router, the router is connected to the fiber. There is no traffic on the Fiber besides my ping, so the connection is idling.

So please explain the attached image to me.
photo_2018-08-13_11-31-06.jpg

And the moment I do a speedtest, it goes back to 2-2ms ping, with the odd 400ms/timeout spike every ~30+ seconds or so.

Madara

I see what these Accelerit guys are doing. They give you crap service, then the moment you do a speedtest, your speed/latency get improved for a bit.

Business line here, 150/150, with 2ms ping to Google.com. Yet I am getting crazy lag spikes and timeouts all over the place.
My PC is directly connected via gigabit Ethernet to the router, the router is connected to the fiber. There is no traffic on the Fiber besides my ping, so the connection is idling.

So please explain the attached image to me.
View attachment 544371

And the moment I do a speedtest, it goes back to 2-2ms ping, with the odd 400ms/timeout spike every ~30+ seconds or so.
just curious seeing as the other fellow is getting decent speeds on his 20mbps line, which area is that business line based in ?

Omeus

What are the current thoughts on Accelerit? There pricing it quite attractive with there connection fee being half of what most charge and there 20/2 option pricing close to what most ask for a 4/1.

wise_guy

Expert Member
What are the current thoughts on Accelerit? There pricing it quite attractive with there connection fee being half of what most charge and there 20/2 option pricing close to what most ask for a 4/1.
They received a lot of complaints on hellopeter at one stage but their service has improved.
3 months now only had one issue. They were very responsive via email.

Banger38

Coolideas for the most part is ok. 16H00 -18h00 seems to be their dark hour,slow slow and then a day or so before payment becomes due,Maybe I imagine this,but every month for almost a year..........??

xera

Expert Member
Accelerit Fibre is offline again!

It has been relatively stable since my last post, with not too much downtime, but the previous week hasn't been great.