Accelerit ISP review

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
Accelerit Fibre is offline again!

It has been relatively stable since my last post, with not too much downtime, but the previous week hasn't been great.
Which infrastructure provider are you on, and which area (more or less)? Just curious as Im on another ISP, on Vumatel in CT Northern Suburbs. Ive only had two outages in about 2/2.5years.

1. Someone cut the only backbone to CT Northern Suburbs.

2. Was like a 20min outage, not sure if ISP or Infrastructure related.

Its very poor form if Accelerit is down this regularly.

Was looking at their pricing yesterday, and honestly would rather pay a tiny bit more for stability.

xera

Expert Member
Which infrastructure provider are you on, and which area (more or less)? Just curious as Im on another ISP, on Vumatel in CT Northern Suburbs. Ive only had two outages in about 2/2.5years.

1. Someone cut the only backbone to CT Northern Suburbs.

2. Was like a 20min outage, not sure if ISP or Infrastructure related.

Its very poor form if Accelerit is down this regularly.

Was looking at their pricing yesterday, and honestly would rather pay a tiny bit more for stability.
Hi HeftyCrab,

The Accelerit Fibre is in Midrand. It was offline again for 12+ hours. It went off promptly after midnight, and only came back online at 12:30 the next day.

When the line is stable, it is stable, however there seem to be quite a few blackouts where it goes completely dead.

Also, there were a few teething issues at first, where we weren't getting the speeds we are paying for, which is quite an issue as this is a business line.

mot777mot

Have the exact same issue as agentrfr, youtube etc seems fine. But twitch.tv is being throttled to hell and back.

kelos-01

Wouldn't recommend them at all I have logged multiple tickets which they ignore, their service sucks. They have incorrect pricing and a simply don't care attitude. Avoid.

hongkongpom

Wouldn't recommend them at all I have logged multiple tickets which they ignore, their service sucks. They have incorrect pricing and a simply don't care attitude. Avoid.
Hello what is the incorrect pricing please?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Don't use a fly by night
I have a friend in Randburg using them. He selected them purely based on their price. We play league of legends together and he never complains about his internet. He told me everything works at full speed. They aren't a big ISP but so was Cool Ideas when they started. If no one joined cool ideas in the start they would have closed down....

Frikdw

I am a difficult customer... I know this, but it is in my nature to expect good service. Accelerit has been great. I did follow up myself a bit more than a regular customer may have, but they have been super fast in getting my invoice for connection fee generated and acknowledging payment. Blitz installed my FNO equipment 2 days after (although they broke tiles in my bathroom with their ladders... no care from them for personal property but that is not Accelerit's fault) I received my router the day after my FNO installation, and was told it is as simple as plugging in... of course I thought there HAD to be more than that to it! I queried a few times to ask of I shpuld set up an account before conncecting the router, or pay a pro rata amount for my service, and was told "just plug in the router" (I am editing here, they were courteous and responsive) I plugged in my router when I arrived home and straight out the gate had 20/20 fibre connection (and was still worried it would not last as I had no invpice for payment yet... some ISP's generally will not let ypu connect until you paid...) We streamed a movie... awesome, and I was half expecting after going to bed I would wake up to a suspended account... again not the case... only received an invoice today for pro rata amount for June and full subscription for July... with a grace period until 7 July to pay... really awesome (I paid straight away) To all would be subscribers... support these guys... I had been apprehensive as they are unknown to me, and some reviews (albeit from quite a while ago) was really bad, but I am happy to say up to this point... good service and ease of dealing with. Yes, it is this easy... Subscribe online for selected servIce with install package. Receive invoice. Pay invoice. Receive FNO installation (where applicable) Receive "plug and play" preconfig router... Plug... PLAY! They take care of the rest. Load your account, issue invoice for you to pay via their portal. What I massively appreciate is that they do not set up a forced credit card run for every month, they issue the invoice and you action payment from your side before the due date. Payment reflects immediately. This really is my preference as opposed to debit orders or automated credit card debits. As of now I am a happy customer. I can be difficult and may well have issues in future but from what I saw now, I am confident that we will have a smooth ride with Accelerit WELL DONE TEAM ACCELERIT!

Frikdw

The service is month to month, pre paid... however I have read in their t&c's that:
a) When cancelling you must give notice, basically one month
b) If cancellation is before 3 months after activating the service, there would he a cancellation fee (admin fee and a seeming clawback on installation of the FNO which they seem to subsidize, only charging R499 for installation by the FNO, payable to Accelerit)
c) The supplied router is free to use and you are obliged and responsible for the return of the router. You may courrier or deliver yourself.

Overall, none of these terms to me seem unreasonable, at the low input costs, and the service I have experienced to date (although early days) I wanted to switch from my current Nepic Wireless connection, and sign a 24 month Fibre contract with Nepic, yet they insisted I pay the remainder of my equipment fee PLUS their install fee of almost R2000, so I rather cancelled Nepic and thus ended up paying 30 days cancellation, plus the equipment fee. These would have been due ANYWAY if I switched with them to fibre, and then still pay their new install costs, so even with the above terms, I was happy to pay off Nepic and switch to Accelerit.

wingnut771

Executive Member
The service is month to month, pre paid... however I have read in their t&c's that:
a) When cancelling you must give notice, basically one month
b) If cancellation is before 3 months after activating the service, there would he a cancellation fee (admin fee and a seeming clawback on installation of the FNO which they seem to subsidize, only charging R499 for installation by the FNO, payable to Accelerit)
c) The supplied router is free to use and you are obliged and responsible for the return of the router. You may courrier or deliver yourself.

Overall, none of these terms to me seem unreasonable, at the low input costs, and the service I have experienced to date (although early days) I wanted to switch from my current Nepic Wireless connection, and sign a 24 month Fibre contract with Nepic, yet they insisted I pay the remainder of my equipment fee PLUS their install fee of almost R2000, so I rather cancelled Nepic and thus ended up paying 30 days cancellation, plus the equipment fee. These would have been due ANYWAY if I switched with them to fibre, and then still pay their new install costs, so even with the above terms, I was happy to pay off Nepic and switch to Accelerit.
could you do a tracecert to 51talk.ph please?
Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 14.00.46.png

hongkongpom

I have had Accelerit over Metrofibre for two months now and am extremely happy with their service. Because they are an ISP there are at the mercy of the fibre provider or backhaul provider both of which have caused problems.
However Accelerit quicky responded to my trouble tickets in a professional manner.
Their price is also excellent as I only pay R700 for a 25/25 unthrottled and uncapped line.

AcceleritZa

I have had Accelerit over Metrofibre for two months now and am extremely happy with their service. Because they are an ISP there are at the mercy of the fibre provider or backhaul provider both of which have caused problems.
However Accelerit quicky responded to my trouble tickets in a professional manner.
Their price is also excellent as I only pay R700 for a 25/25 unthrottled and uncapped line.
Glad to hear it many thanks for the support!

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
As of 5mins ago, I am not live with Accelerit. @AcceleritZa thank you for all your help. Awesome support thus far and I am very happy. My final test will be streaming twitch tonight and see how it goes. :)