Accelerit ISP review

ld13

Honorary Master
I have been over weeks now been trying to resolve my upgraded 50/50 line but Im getting nowhere near those speeds.
Have you performed the test over a fixed line (not wifi)? Have you performed the test to multiple servers?

Frikdw

I Have used severl speed tesing apps. Tested via wifi and direct LAN connection via my Mibox. I for themost part do not even get half the speed I pay for... I see on both Acceleritand Frogfoot's facebook pages this is common. Disgraceful

ld13

Honorary Master
I Have used severl speed tesing apps. Tested via wifi and direct LAN connection via my Mibox. I for themost part do not even get half the speed I pay for... I see on both Acceleritand Frogfoot's facebook pages this is common. Disgraceful
Did you perform a speed test via speedtest.net while directly connected to the ONT with a lan cable?

I get most of the speed I pay for. Somewhere in the high 90th percentile. Same ISP and I am also on frogfoot. The main difference will probably be the location. Make contact with accelerit and get them to assist you in this regard.

Also remember that you are not paying for a 1:1 line but a contended line, so one cannot 'expect' your full line speed 24/7. Even on a 1:1 line one cannot expect to have a full line speed to every single service or speedtest available out there - that is simply not how the internet works.

seanc

They are a terrible ISP, their support is useless, they don't provide feedback, close tickets without resolving them. Worst experience with an ISP ever. They can't even process a cancelation

wingnut771

Executive Member
They are a terrible ISP, their support is useless, they don't provide feedback, close tickets without resolving them. Worst experience with an ISP ever. They can't even process a cancelation
which is what you get for going with literally the cheapest isp out there.

Raithlin

Executive Member
I had a few issues when we started with Accelerit - mostly their subcontractor messing up our house wiring by boring a hole too close to another wire - but we've had few issues since. Accelerit came into our neighborhood long before anyone else would, and they laid their own infrastructure. They addressed our issues when load-shedding started, adding UPS to the server, and our speed has been excellent. Logging a call resulted in technicians being sent out and the call was resolved reasonably quickly. Also, no issue cancelling now that we are moving house (I phoned in). Overall, I can't complain too much about them, particularly for the price I've been paying.

ld13

Honorary Master
Logged a ticket with them on Friday night, got a response about an hour later and they closed the ticket. Replied with some more info and they escalated it to Frogfoot that same night just after 9PM.

More than what I ever got out of e.g. Afrihost?

applesf2

I'm getting very bad speeds currently

4mbps on a 50mbps line

Anyone else having issues?

mot777mot

I have multiple support tickets with them for 2 months now. Horrible speed on my 25/25 line.
20% packet loss during afternoon and evening, so basically unusable. Cannot stream things like twitch etc.
Cannot play any online games.

Unable to change to another ISP as this is the only one i can use at my complex, otherwise i would have left months ago. (actually thinking of canceling and just going with mobile connection like Rain etc.)

Zero support.

Stay away from this company by any means possible

Attachments

wingnut771

Executive Member
I have multiple support tickets with them for 2 months now. Horrible speed on my 25/25 line.
20% packet loss during afternoon and evening, so basically unusable. Cannot stream things like twitch etc.
Cannot play any online games.

Unable to change to another ISP as this is the only one i can use at my complex, otherwise i would have left months ago. (actually thinking of canceling and just going with mobile connection like Rain etc.)

Zero support.

Stay away from this company by any means possible
i would have done that after month 1.