ADSL upload speed to increase soon

Blue

I guess telkom think that as long as they appear to be making progress and improvements, then people will be satisfied :rolleyes:

I mean its good news, but most users are stuck in the 384K level which is not really broadband especially with an upload speed of 128k :sick:

AirWolf

Honorary Master
I guess telkom think that as long as they appear to be making progress and improvements, then people will be satisfied :rolleyes:

I mean its good news, but most users are stuck in the 384K level which is not really broadband especially with an upload speed of 128k :sick:
Quite true. After years off stagnation Telkom are struggling to get their arse in gear with the arrival of Neotel and significant improvements from the mobile operators.

It is like a whale trying to grow legs and run on land :p.

Juice

Expert Member
Amazing. So the high end bracket gets its second 'free' upgrade, while the rest of us get... nothing. Oh well, that's something at least. Maybe it's the effect of competition. Maybe Telkom knows that the high end users are the ones most likely to switch to Neotel, since they're traditionally first-adopters.

Kasyx

Expert Member
Already there...

Not that much of an improvement, to be honest.

.Froot.

Executive Member
Why do they only concentrate on one ADSL service and not the rest, ie 384 and 512? I am aware of the rumours of an upgrade in September but still... this is now the second time the "fastest" line has been upgraded. First the downspeed and now the upspeed...

lilGr

Expert Member
wow a whole +14kb/s , lets have a party :\.

I suppose its better than nothing. :)

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
i can't recall hearing that anyone other than the "fastest" adsl is getting upgraded.
He didn't ay otherwise. The UPload speed is being upgraded from 384 to 512. The people who download at 384 won't be upgraded to a 512 download speed.

eye_suc

Expert Member
oh great, another speed "increase", but no usage increase. way to go telkom, my ADSL will now be even more useless

LabAnimal

Expert Member
*sigh* yay - more useless fiddling from Telkom that gives the user no real benifit besides screwing your cap over and leaving the gap bigger and bigger from the 384k users!

Pathetic!

zamicro

Expert Member
It will help me a lot... I was hoping they will do as the rumor said and upgrade the uplink to 1 meg.

getafix33

Expert Member
It is like a whale trying to grow legs and run on land
That belongs in the philosophical debates section :p

More like trying to find rocking horse cr@p

albert123

Expert Member
Company Rep
*sigh* yay - more useless fiddling from Telkom that gives the user no real benifit besides screwing your cap over and leaving the gap bigger and bigger from the 384k users!

Pathetic!
u have no idea what u are talking about. not everybody use there adsl just for doing pointless things, this is a welcome increase to most business and 'work from home' customers...