Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are torrents throttled, getting like 10kb/s will take me few weeks before I can see game of thrones xD
 
There shouldn't be any issues with DNS at the moment, but I'll check with our Team to be sure. The other laptop, is it using 196.7.7.7 / 196.7.8.9?

Reverted back and have the DNS IPs as:
196.7.7.7,196.7.8.9

Seems to be fine now. Had having trouble since about 3:15ish. Maybe something odd happened and fixed it by changing my router settings and then reverting back?

Sorted now though. thanks.
 
Ouch... The latency should definitely have come down, our Team is checking on everything in the Cape now.

I have a general question: if it is acknowledged that there has been this issue and the team is "checking on everything" - why isn't this reflected in the Afrihost Network Status page?
 
Reverted back and have the DNS IPs as:
196.7.7.7,196.7.8.9

Seems to be fine now. Had having trouble since about 3:15ish. Maybe something odd happened and fixed it by changing my router settings and then reverting back?

Sorted now though. thanks.

Could be... Good to hear that you are sorted! :)
 
Are torrents throttled, getting like 10kb/s will take me few weeks before I can see game of thrones xD

There should be no throttling on any of our Capped accounts.

Are you seeing any other issues? Latency for example?
 
There should be no throttling on any of our Capped accounts.

Are you seeing any other issues? Latency for example?

That was a stupid question, his location clearly states Cape Town and you have admitted no end of times that there is Latency in Cape Town. This is turning into an endless loop of denial with no concrete evidence of any intention to fix it.
 
I have a general question: if it is acknowledged that there has been this issue and the team is "checking on everything" - why isn't this reflected in the Afrihost Network Status page?

At the moment we don't know if it is a widespread issue, and how many users are affected. Once we have additional information we'll be able to make a decision as to whether or not a notice should be put up.

I'll keep you guys updated as I get new info. :)
 
That was a stupid question, his location clearly states Cape Town and you have admitted no end of times that there is Latency in Cape Town. This is turning into an endless loop of denial with no concrete evidence of any intention to fix it.

So I should throw all troubleshooting out the window? I'm not in a position to be able to make any assumptions, I have to treat each query on as an individual query and figure out if it is linked in any way.
 
At the moment we don't know if it is a widespread issue, and how many users are affected. Once we have additional information we'll be able to make a decision as to whether or not a notice should be put up.

:rolleyes:
 
At the moment we don't know if it is a widespread issue, and how many users are affected. Once we have additional information we'll be able to make a decision as to whether or not a notice should be put up.

I'll keep you guys updated as I get new info. :)

Well at the very least I can confirm for you it is a issue in CT Northern Suburbs.
 
So I should throw all troubleshooting out the window? I'm not in a position to be able to make any assumptions, I have to treat each query on as an individual query and figure out if it is linked in any way.

That may be your job, and I can't complain about you doing your job. But look at it from the users point of view, after all PR is also part of your job description and I have to admit you are the best of the team when it comes to PR and honesty.

Another user complains about the same issue everybody else is complaining about, he is from the same region and there is a known issue. But rather than say, "We have a known issue with latency in the south and we are actively working on it, you make the poor user go through all the tests again, the same tests the rest of us are now sick of performing, just to add one more statistic to the pile.

In the process you make that user think they have an isolated issue when you know dam'n well there is s statistically significant number of complaints but are trying not to have to admit it by updating the network status or saying so to clients who ask.
 
Well at the very least I can confirm for you it is a issue in CT Northern Suburbs.

Thanks!

It seems that most of the Users reporting increased latency are in that region.
 
Torrents are dead in Pretoria is well. Mine has really become a nightmare. I am up to here with afrihost crap. Genie promised to do something about the awful connection last week via DM. It's been silence since
 
"Here you can see the status updates of our DSL, Mobile and Hosting networks, whats affecting them - if anything, and what the cause is."

:whistle: nothing going on here - green lights everywhere! :whistle:

CT - Southern Peninsula

Latency problems during peak hours, its been going on for several weeks now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X