South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
There shouldn't be any issues with DNS at the moment, but I'll check with our Team to be sure. The other laptop, is it using 196.7.7.7 / 196.7.8.9?
Ouch... The latency should definitely have come down, our Team is checking on everything in the Cape now.
Reverted back and have the DNS IPs as:
196.7.7.7,196.7.8.9
Seems to be fine now. Had having trouble since about 3:15ish. Maybe something odd happened and fixed it by changing my router settings and then reverting back?
Sorted now though. thanks.
Are torrents throttled, getting like 10kb/s will take me few weeks before I can see game of thrones xD
There should be no throttling on any of our Capped accounts.
Are you seeing any other issues? Latency for example?
I have a general question: if it is acknowledged that there has been this issue and the team is "checking on everything" - why isn't this reflected in the Afrihost Network Status page?
Are torrents throttled, getting like 10kb/s will take me few weeks before I can see game of thrones xD
That was a stupid question, his location clearly states Cape Town and you have admitted no end of times that there is Latency in Cape Town. This is turning into an endless loop of denial with no concrete evidence of any intention to fix it.
At the moment we don't know if it is a widespread issue, and how many users are affected. Once we have additional information we'll be able to make a decision as to whether or not a notice should be put up.
At the moment we don't know if it is a widespread issue, and how many users are affected. Once we have additional information we'll be able to make a decision as to whether or not a notice should be put up.
I'll keep you guys updated as I get new info.![]()
Torrents dead in dbn too!
So I should throw all troubleshooting out the window? I'm not in a position to be able to make any assumptions, I have to treat each query on as an individual query and figure out if it is linked in any way.
Well at the very least I can confirm for you it is a issue in CT Northern Suburbs.
Fixed.Well at the very least I can confirm for you it is a issue in CT [-] Northern [/-] all Suburbs.
Well at the very least I can confirm for you it is a issue in CT Northern Suburbs.