Afrihost MTN LTE Uncapped Package

JohnnBeGood

Good morning all.

Just wanting to ask advice if anyone has tried afrihost MTN LTE Uncapped package ?

I'm wanting to know the following.
Speeds average ?
Stability through CMD pinging 8.8.8.8 ?
Consistency of speeds ?
Ping stability ?

I stay on a farm so uncapped with my 4k TV is what I'm trying to get to no way fibre is getting to my place, I'm also in very good signal with LTE A MTN.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Those will depend on where you stay, no one can speak on your behalf.

Get an MTN sim perhaps and load a couple of GB and test away.

eagle2k

I'm quite happy with it.

It has exactly the same speeds and stability of my Fixed 60GB package from afrihost.
I get pings of 26 on speedtest and already used up my 1TB Fair usage data.

Now it's running 1Mbps line.. speedtests of up to 1.1Mbps max.

And you can't topup the uncapped package to reset the speeds which is sad.... that's why I'll just keep my fixed 60GB and maybe downgrade it to a 30GB where I can topup the 30GB with let's say a 100GB @ R600

Reactions: Yuu

Jake45

Expert Member
Maybe you could order the 30GB+30GB package for R199 to test and then upgrade to the uncapped option? You would have to ask Afrihost whether that would be possible but the uncapped option appears to be available as an upgrade option on the Afrihost app under the Manage Package screen on my 30GB+30GB package.

I am not sure about topups for the uncapped bundle but they are available for the smaller packages.

chou56929

Please note that you have issues with throttling in pure lte uncapped from liaised with MTN, for people who decided to DIY upgrade they package from normal capped to uncapped package on clientzone will suffer from this problem.

Since upgraded from 1st of July, my speed is only 1mb line. (note, before I upgrade from 500gb package, average speed is around 60mb line)

Case number MUY-404-1833

Still waiting for Afrihost to fix this problem and provide refunds for days I can't not use fully.