Afrihost Pure DSL

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Not a chance!! Sending someone to my place.
Maybe wise I know you have been waiting ages. So many escalations to Openserve to get the install done.

Let me know then I can activate your account when you are ready

CB40

@AfriNatic

Ping: 5ms
Download: 6.95Mbps
Upload: 1.96Mbps

Terrible speed in Roodekrans since last night.On the 20/2 package,What's going on??

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic

Ping: 5ms
Download: 6.95Mbps
Upload: 1.96Mbps

Terrible speed in Roodekrans since last night.On the 20/2 package,What's going on??
Hey do I have your clientzone email? The Pure DSL accounts are exactly the same as Openserve fibre accounts and I don't see any notices about outages.

What does the line stats look like? If they worsened then that could lead to slow speeds.

CB40

Hey do I have your clientzone email? The Pure DSL accounts are exactly the same as Openserve fibre accounts and I don't see any notices about outages.

What does the line stats look like? If they worsened then that could lead to slow speeds.
PM sent

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
You learn something new everyday :whistling: so how does the 4meg package work as there's no 4meg for openserve fibre? :unsure:
Basically what I meant was the accounts have pretty much the same policies set as Openserve fibre meaning if anyone is experiencing issue with a Pure DSL account it's not because of shaping or throttling. :)

Saths

Pure DSL orders are done manually. There isn't any provisions currently for automation. We have a dedicated DSL Lines team that monitor all DSL line orders. If you aren't getting any feedback on the order just drop me a pm and I will have a look for you. Even if the order is placed it could take some time for new orders to be processed and installed by Openserve.
@cavedog i sent you a PM

src926

Looking to sign up. For those who were on the old "clothed adsl" and have now been connected on Pure DSL, did you have any issues with cancelling the old service afterwards? Like Telkom inadvertently disconnecting the Pure DSL as well?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Looking to sign up. For those who were on the old "clothed adsl" and have now been connected on Pure DSL, did you have any issues with cancelling the old service afterwards? Like Telkom inadvertently disconnecting the Pure DSL as well?
That should not happen because the Pure DSL is a separate installation which has it's own service number.

Crusader

Expert Member
Work colleague is struggling to get his Pure DSL going. Openserve told him Afrihost will come and install the rest, which sounds very unlikely to me.

He's gotten the modem/router and plugged that into the line, but no connection at all. The router wasn't pre-configured as per the leaflet he received and the leaflet was for Fibre for some reason.

He doesn't know what's going on or what steps to take further. Very confusing for a new customers.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Work colleague is struggling to get his Pure DSL going. Openserve told him Afrihost will come and install the rest, which sounds very unlikely to me.

He's gotten the modem/router and plugged that into the line, but no connection at all. The router wasn't pre-configured as per the leaflet he received and the leaflet was for Fibre for some reason.

He doesn't know what's going on or what steps to take further. Very confusing for a new customers.
Sorry for this mishap. I will take this on with our warehouse department.

I have responded to you via PM I'm sure it will be sorted now.

Crusader

Expert Member
Sorry for this mishap. I will take this on with our warehouse department.

I have responded to you via PM I'm sure it will be sorted now.
Thanks.

Yeah, I think putting a document with step-for-step instructions for someone completely new would be beneficial as he had no idea what was going on and was under the impression he had to wait for someone from Afrihost to come install it.

mathebus

Nope. Working flawlessly. My clothed line was with Telkom through Afrihost but like @AfriNatic said , nothing should interfere in anyway with your PureDSL as they are separate.

I'm happy so far with PureDSL. It is still DSL but the speeds run at full speed, no shaping at all so downloading isn't an issue as well as streaming during prime time is too notch :)

src926

Nope. Working flawlessly. My clothed line was with Telkom through Afrihost but like @AfriNatic said , nothing should interfere in anyway with your PureDSL as they are separate.

I'm happy so far with PureDSL. It is still DSL but the speeds run at full speed, no shaping at all so downloading isn't an issue as well as streaming during prime time is too notch :)
Appreciate the feedback :)

src926

That should not happen because the Pure DSL is a separate installation which has it's own service number.
Thanks. Can I still keep my existing capped account after activation of PureDSL? Reason being that my parents are using it.