Afrihost Pure DSL

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Do you have settings for the DSL-2750u as it looks completely different?
ftp://ftp.d-link.co.za/DSL/DSL-2750u%20(Retail)/Manuals/DSL-2750U%20User%20Manual.pdf

ftp://ftp.d-link.co.za/DSL/DSL-2750u%20(Retail)/SetupGuides/DSL-2750U%20Hardware%20Ver%20T3/D-Link%20DSL-2750U%20(HW%20-%20T3)%20Internet%20Setup%20Guide.pdf

Have a look at these guides.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Thanks. Can I still keep my existing capped account after activation of PureDSL? Reason being that my parents are using it.
Yes you can. If it's bundled to a line just unbundle it and if we manage the line just ask them to cancel the line only and not the data.

src926

Yes you can. If it's bundled to a line just unbundle it and if we manage the line just ask them to cancel the line only and not the data.
So I signed up but got no confirmation. How do I know it's in progress?

ajtreu

I ordered an Afrihost Pure DSL line on the 20th of July due to the ongoing issues with my fibre installation (or rather non-installation), and I am still waiting. I have heard absolutely nothing from Afrihost. Should I cancel the order and try another ISP perhaps? Would Axxess be any better? I'm desperate enough even to go to Telkom directly!

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I ordered an Afrihost Pure DSL line on the 20th of July due to the ongoing issues with my fibre installation (or rather non-installation), and I am still waiting. I have heard absolutely nothing from Afrihost. Should I cancel the order and try another ISP perhaps? Would Axxess be any better? I'm desperate enough even to go to Telkom directly!
Hi,

Can you send me your clientzone email so I can see what is happening with your Pure DSL installation?

mathebus

Any indication or timeframe when the data usage graphs for PureDSL will be fixed? also proper session history logs?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Any indication or timeframe when the data usage graphs for PureDSL will be fixed? also proper session history logs?
I don't have a time frame yet but it's definitely on the list of things for Dev to do. Dev build the pure dsl into our system from scratch so they are still working on bugs that are on the backend.

jades

Hi, my afrihost pure dsl was installed 12th august, but my normal dsl is still active in my clientzone, the way I understood it was supposed to work according to the afrihost website was afrihost would cancel the old line as it was with them when I switched to pure dsl. Multiple calls to afrihost support has not helped at all. Can anyone here help with this, becasue I get the feeling they are going to double bill me.

mathebus

Power was off today and went on at 10am. My PureDSL line won't sync at all. It's now almost 6pm and I sat with no internet today. Sent an email to Afrihost and they escalated it to Openserve. Openserve called me now at around 5pm and asked me to reset the router. Nothing. Plugged in the telephone, i receive a dailing tone, but the line just won't sync. He said he will call me back but I mean... Whole day without internet. @AfriNatic could you help?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Power was off today and went on at 10am. My PureDSL line won't sync at all. It's now almost 6pm and I sat with no internet today. Sent an email to Afrihost and they escalated it to Openserve. Openserve called me now at around 5pm and asked me to reset the router. Nothing. Plugged in the telephone, i receive a dailing tone, but the line just won't sync. He said he will call me back but I mean... Whole day without internet. @AfriNatic could you help?
Okay just send me your clientzone email again via pm let me pull up your account and see. My inbox is very very busy on mybroadband. :)

capetownspur

Having a terrible time activating Pure DSL form Afrihost, Openserve did the line installation, yesterday but spent whole day trying to get Afrihost to activate, really frustrating.

Lindsay79

I got your message. Send me your clientzone email let me activate it for you :giggle:
I'm having a terrible time as well. I'm migrating from uncapped bundled DSL with Afrihost to uncapped PureDSL.
Telkom did the installation and gave me a new number on Monday morning at which point I phoned Afrihost and gave them the number. The guy tried to activate it and said it would probably only take 5 minutes. He put me on hold but then came back to me saying he had escalated it and would call me back.
I phoned later in the day after not hearing anything and was told that it could take 24-48 hours and that I should just wait. When I got home that evening I found that not only was the PureDSL not working yet, but my old bundled DSL no longer worked either despite my router saying it was syncing at the new DSL speed. I tried doing a password reset on both accounts more than once and kept getting "login incorrect" on both the new and old details in my routers log.
However I have a third account with Afrihost that gives me 1gb free DSL each month and this account still works fine. Of course 1gb is not nearly enough to do anything with but it proved the line does work and the issue is with Afrihost.

I phoned again yesterday afternoon and the guy said he would call me at 7:30pm when I was home to set things up. I never received any call.
So basically despite being charged for uncapped internet over the last 2 days I have not had any of this service. The product still says "Processing Order" in the app and ClientZone.
Is this something you can please help me out with?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I'm having a terrible time as well. I'm migrating from uncapped bundled DSL with Afrihost to uncapped PureDSL.
Telkom did the installation and gave me a new number on Monday morning at which point I phoned Afrihost and gave them the number. The guy tried to activate it and said it would probably only take 5 minutes. He put me on hold but then came back to me saying he had escalated it and would call me back.
I phoned later in the day after not hearing anything and was told that it could take 24-48 hours and that I should just wait. When I got home that evening I found that not only was the PureDSL not working yet, but my old bundled DSL no longer worked either despite my router saying it was syncing at the new DSL speed. I tried doing a password reset on both accounts more than once and kept getting "login incorrect" on both the new and old details in my routers log.
However I have a third account with Afrihost that gives me 1gb free DSL each month and this account still works fine. Of course 1gb is not nearly enough to do anything with but it proved the line does work and the issue is with Afrihost.

I phoned again yesterday afternoon and the guy said he would call me at 7:30pm when I was home to set things up. I never received any call.
So basically despite being charged for uncapped internet over the last 2 days I have not had any of this service. The product still says "Processing Order" in the app and ClientZone.
Is this something you can please help me out with?
I'm sorry for the terrible experience you have been having with getting your adsl working.

Can you send me you clientzone email so I can have a look at the account?

Lindsay79

I'm sorry for the terrible experience you have been having with getting your adsl working.

Can you send me you clientzone email so I can have a look at the account?
Thanks AfriNatic for setting everything up soon after I contacted you!
And please teach the other guys in your call centre your ways ;)

• Love
Reactions: Yuu