Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

RazorCPT

Yep, can confirm all is back to normal on my end. You guys reboot the wrong switch? :p

cavedog

Honorary Master
How the heck do you cope with a 10M line? I couldn't even imagine going back to my 20M VDSL :confused:
It's a viscous cycle. Started off with 128k adsl with Cybersmart. The 384k was fast. Then 2Mbps adsl which went to 4Mbps and eventually 10Mbps. Then 20Mbps ADSL and moved to a play that had 40Mbps VDSL. Then Telkom uncapped LTE with B315 which gave like 80Mbps. Then came a long the B618 with Telkom sim and 140Mbps with that. Then 100Mbps fibre was like slow and moved to a place now where I have 200Mbps fibre. Then came along Rain 5G with 400Mbps. Now my 200Mbps line feels slow as hell.

If I ever get a 10Mbps fibre or adsl line again I would think I'm getting punished.

blunt

Expert Member
Anyone on Openserve have an issue when upgrading line speed that the download doesn't get upgraded but the up does? I upgraded from 20/10 to 40/20 and now I'm on 20/20. Submitted a support request and AH submitted a ticket to Openserve, I checked this morning it went to 40/20 and the fault said resolved but literally a couple mins later it went back to 20/20 and has stayed that way.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Anyone on Openserve have an issue when upgrading line speed that the download doesn't get upgraded but the up does? I upgraded from 20/10 to 40/20 and now I'm on 20/20. Submitted a support request and AH submitted a ticket to Openserve, I checked this morning it went to 40/20 and the fault said resolved but literally a couple mins later it went back to 20/20 and has stayed that way.
Sounds like the account is still speed capped. Try using a capped account and test the speed

blunt

Expert Member
Sounds like the account is still speed capped. Try using a capped account and test the speed
same on my capped vox.. seems openserve upgraded my upload speed and not my download speed. odd.

cavedog

Honorary Master
same on my capped vox.. seems openserve upgraded my upload speed and not my download speed. odd.
Very odd because it's preset speed profiles so not something that can be customized I think.

wingnut771

Executive Member
Well looking at your latency traffic is staying in Durban and then going over EASSAY to EU. Try Cloudflare and see how it looks like.
lol, didn't see that, i just look at the last hop. ok will have a go tomorrow.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
It's pretty unusual. We can check your profile on our bandwidth management, but sounds like it could be an incorrect profile.

blunt

Expert Member
It's pretty unusual. We can check your profile on our bandwidth management, but sounds like it could be an incorrect profile.
seems to have come right a couple hours after I posted - all good now

Pho3nix

The Legend
So.. when exactly do you need to downgrade by?
Downgraded on the 22nd as that is what was mentioned that the you should do this before the 23rd.
Got an invoice for the old line speed. Said oh, maybe they'll change it for Jan 2020 rather.

Mid month, line speed gets downgraded after paying for a higher line speed? WTF?

Nimz

Executive Member
I also need to downgrade so this info will be useful

Does the downgrade happen anytime during the month or at the end of the month?