Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Fjorko

Expert Member
@Afrihost-Gian , @AfriFella

Guys - i think you need to do some internal communication.

I just got off the phone with one of your fibre guys, and he informed me that for Openserve the ratio is

10:1

100/10 and not 100/50 like i currently have on OS

Mybroadband advertises it as :

View attachment 685117

Your website says the same :

View attachment 685119

So is he just uninformed ?

Or which is it

100/10 or 100 /50 ??

EDIT: I see the client zone shows 100/50

This guy almost made me cancel the order.....make sure your staff knows what products you offer....please !

Last edited:

Fjorko

Expert Member
There is a dedicated Afrihost subforum on MyBB. What have you done. :(

I'm up and running on Pure Fibre as of a few minutes ago. 200Mbps Openserve.

Speeds are still 100Mbps, presumably due to Cool Ideas still needing to migrate my line, but latency looks good. I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.
This is for Pure Fibre Feedback ( user experiences ) - not a general Afrihost thread...

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
OK - thats great - so go post there then
Not a meaningful answer. My point is you're causing confusion by not searching the forum before creating threads. Next time let's create threads where they belong.

Fjorko

Expert Member
Not a meaningful answer. My point is you're causing confusion by not searching the forum before creating threads. Next time let's create threads where they belong.
Since when are you the Mybroadband Forum Police. I can post where i want - it's a public forum. No one is forcing you to read posts here... so relax

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
@Afrihost-Gian , @AfriFella

Guys - i think you need to do some internal communication.

I just got off the phone with one of your fibre guys, and he informed me that for Openserve the ratio is

10:1

100/10 and not 100/50 like i currently have on OS

Mybroadband advertises it as :

View attachment 685117

Your website says the same :

View attachment 685119

So is he just uninformed ?

Or which is it

100/10 or 100 /50 ??

EDIT: I see the client zone shows 100/50

This guy almost made me cancel the order.....make sure your staff knows what products you offer....please !
He might have misunderstood you. All the providers offer different tiers. Openserve's upload is usually half except for the 8Mbps.

Fjorko

Expert Member
He might have misunderstood you. All the providers offer different tiers. Openserve's upload is usually half except for the 8Mbps.
No i clearly explained where i come from and what i applied for. He even paused to go check, and came back and said nope - Pure Fibre on Openserve = 100/10 and not 100/50....but anyway - its correct on the client zone thingy - so that's fine.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
No i clearly explained where i come from and what i applied for. He even paused to go check, and came back and said nope - Pure Fibre on Openserve = 100/10 and not 100/50....but anyway - its correct on the client zone thingy - so that's fine.
Sorry about that - I get confused myself.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
No but you see - you can't afford to get confused about your own products - you must be on top of it ! If you want to win the hearts ( and wallets ) of the people here - you cant make those sorts of mistakes. People are already sceptical...
Totally agree. Sorry about the mixup :(

wingnut771

Executive Member
There is a dedicated Afrihost subforum on MyBB. What have you done. :(

I'm up and running on Pure Fibre as of a few minutes ago. 200Mbps Openserve.

Speeds are still 100Mbps, presumably due to Cool Ideas still needing to migrate my line, but latency looks good. I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.
in adsl section tho