Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

cavedog

Honorary Master
are you friends again?
Yeah decided to send them the selfie they wanted.... :rolleyes: so they unlocked the account.

After Supersonic raped me with the cancellation I thought I would rather switch to Afrihost mainly because the Openserve pricing is very competitive and the free 3 months and the pretty decent credit they will give me is worth it. So my Migration to Macrolan is on hold for now. Need to settle at Afrihost for a bit first. I will basically be maxing the R5000 value and get 3 months free which is a nice saving. Was worth the selfie to the security team. :laugh:

I'm more a friend of their network which seems to be pretty solid always.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Yeah decided to send them the selfie they wanted.... :rolleyes: so they unlocked the account.

After Supersonic raped me with the cancellation I thought I would rather switch to Afrihost mainly because the Openserve pricing is very competitive and the free 3 months and the pretty decent credit they will give me is worth it. So my Migration to Macrolan is on hold for now. Need to settle at Afrihost for a bit first. I will basically be maxing the R5000 value and get 3 months free which is a nice saving. Was worth the selfie to the security team. :laugh:

I'm more a friend of their network which seems to be pretty solid always.
Definitely worth the effort of a selfie ;)

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
in adsl section tho
Most Afrihost users must surely be DSL subscribers. Makes sense for it to be there for now.

Ideally, the Fibre ISP Discussions forum is renamed to just ISP Discussions, to simplify things for everyone. Afrihost would fit in perfectly as a subforum there, along with any other very large ISP. **cough** @rpm

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Things been looking good all day since switching over to Afrihost data.

Can't believe how latency has decreased from the usual 35-44ms. Afrihost showing Cool Ideas how it's done. :eek:

cavedog

Honorary Master
Things been looking good all day since switching over to Afrihost data.

Can't believe how latency has decreased from the usual 35-44ms. Afrihost showing Cool Ideas how it's done. :eek:
Don't forget to follow up on the 100>200Mbps line upgrade too. What I know it would be a manual process once the line is migrated to Afrihost because if you migrated to Afrihost 100Mbps option then requested an upgrade it would have been smooth sailing. Maybe @AfriMan can confirm how a line migration and upgrade happens on Openserve.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Don't forget to follow up on the 100>200Mbps line upgrade too. What I know it would be a manual process once the line is migrated to Afrihost because if you migrated to Afrihost 100Mbps option then requested an upgrade it would have been smooth sailing. Maybe @AfriMan can confirm how a line migration and upgrade happens on Openserve.
Believe me, I won't forget to ensure the connection is at 200Mbps once the line has migrated. :laugh:

Can't wait.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Believe me, I won't forget to ensure the connection is at 200Mbps once the line has migrated. :laugh:

Can't wait.
:laugh::ROFL:

Once you go 200 you won't go back trust me. Then 100Mbps feels slow and you want to smack the pc :laugh:

Reactions: Yuu

Bryn

Doubleplusgood

Once you go 200 you won't go back trust me. Then 100Mbps feels slow and you want to smack the pc :laugh:
Especially with the upload speed. Even at 50Mbps, cloud storage usually feels like:

Reactions: Yuu

cavedog

Honorary Master
Especially with the upload speed. Even at 50Mbps, cloud storage usually feels like:

Haha yeah true. I do quite a bit of uploading to my unlimited google drive so the 100Mbps upload helps. Would also help if Openserve just ups the upload bandwidth. Not a lot of people max their uploads anyways so the OLTs won't get congested.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
It's difficult to say for sure. I've seen a couple of hours and I've seen a couple of days. If the line is ready to transfer, and we can submit the request immediately, I would say 24-48 hours is usually safe. But that's from the time the line is ready to transfer (which requires some work from the old ISP and Openserve)

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep

Interesting, we always have this debate. Which is the biggest impact change in speed? 1Mbps to 4Mbps? 4mps to 10Mbps? 10 to 20, etc, etc.

Which move is the most life-changing? :unsure:

RazorCPT

Interesting, we always have this debate. Which is the biggest impact change in speed? 1Mbps to 4Mbps? 4mps to 10Mbps? 10 to 20, etc, etc.

Which move is the most life-changing? :unsure:
Switching from 10 to 50 legit changed my life. Then switched to 100 and mind was blown :laugh:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
This is the first time I've seen Twitch streams commence 1080p 60fps almost immediately and have zero buffering. :oops:

What on Earth has happened to Afrihost. :unsure:

RazorCPT

This is the first time I've seen Twitch streams commence 1080p 60fps almost immediately and have zero buffering. :oops:

Almost want to keep this secret so while all the negative people are raving about not coming back we just have a good time :ROFL:

Prof.Merlin

Expert Member
Looking at the speedtests so far, international upload does not look great. Surely 1.2mbit (peaking at 4mbit) to London on a 200mbit like can’t be right?

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep

That's fantastic - love that Mr Burns GIF.