Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
100% packet loss
Why are you routing Frogfoot FTTH via Telkom anyway?

The trace route looks good.

data.worldbank.org does not respond to ICMP packets which makes it look like loss in a MTR.

We use Openserve transit for international. We do not route traffic to Telkom's network instead buy international transit capacity from Openserve. Openserve is a transit provider just like Seacom, WIOCC, HE and others.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

Very good result. Very stable latency too. That is a direct test to CoreIX hosted in LINX. It uses the same route as your other trace route. The issue is with that website or server.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
***Due to ongoing authentication issues on Openserve we have removed the CLID locks on accounts so authentication will go through however the speeds are capped at 1Mbps when this occurs. Clients on ADSL and Openserve fibre are affected nation wide. We are working with Openserve to find a solution soon. Apologies for this.

almesallaty

Was weird, changed password and it connected fine. Support also said there were no failed logins :/ either way, issue sorted.

are you getting full speed after changing you password?
i'm only getting 1 mbps on 100 mbps line
didn't change my password yet

cavedog

Honorary Master
are you getting full speed after changing you password?
i'm only getting 1 mbps on 100 mbps line
didn't change my password yet

Unfortunately the issue is once you authenticate as unknow the speeds seem capped at Openserve side.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
If there is anyone on Openserve that is still speed capped at 1Mbps please send me a message so I can assist. :)

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
At 13:28 Openserve dropped pppoe sessions. We are seeing most of the session with the correct CLID. Please check the speeds again if the issue has been rectified.

I do apologise for the delays in support we have a MASSIVE amount of support queries coming in on Whatsapp, email and calls. We are trying to get to everyone ASAP.

Apologies.

Nimz

Executive Member
Connection just died in Durban.
ONT internet light is on
PPOE auth I think is the problem

Openserve