Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Hi,

I can see quite a bit of loss on hop 2. This would indicate a line issue.

Can you drop me a pm with your clientzone email so I can check and log a fault.

Hi

I restarted my ONT and Router. Now things seem better.

A friend is visiting and he says the ONT that Metrofibre provided is not a great device and could be the cause of all my issues.

I have to regularly restart (once. sometimes twice a week) just to get decent connectivity.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi

I restarted my ONT and Router. Now things seem better.

A friend is visiting and he says the ONT that Metrofibre provided is not a great device and could be the cause of all my issues.

I have to regularly restart (once. sometimes twice a week) just to get decent connectivity.

We still working with MetroFibre and their vendor Calix to find a solution to these issues most MetroFibre clients are experiencing. The notices will remain on the website until we have found a solution. I do apologise for the issues you are experiencing.

We still working with MetroFibre and their vendor Calix to find a solution to these issues most MetroFibre clients are experiencing. The notices will remain on the website until we have found a solution. I do apologise for the issues you are experiencing.

Thanks @AfriNatic

I have been having issues since I had the service installed in May. Hope I am on the list to get this matter resolved.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Thanks @AfriNatic

I have been having issues since I had the service installed in May. Hope I am on the list to get this matter resolved.

Right now it's a Metrofibre Gauteng issue that we are confident that we with Metrofibre and their Vendor can find solutions too. It's been an ongoing issue that has cause inconvenience to our clients and I would like to extend my apologies for this. We take our clients seriously and we wish to provide the best internet experience.

Old_Liver

Right now it's a Metrofibre Gauteng issue that we are confident that we with Metrofibre and their Vendor can find solutions too. It's been an ongoing issue that has cause inconvenience to our clients and I would like to extend my apologies for this. We take our clients seriously and we wish to provide the best internet experience.

Is this issue also the cause of periodic disconnects throughout the day?
Generally have moments of no connectivity for a few minutes at least twice a day...

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Is this issue also the cause of periodic disconnects throughout the day?
Generally have moments of no connectivity for a few minutes at least twice a day...

Good morning,

That sound a bit odd. If you can capture these drops when they happen maybe with a continuous ping we can investigate what happen.

Old_Liver

Good morning,

That sound a bit odd. If you can capture these drops when they happen maybe with a continuous ping we can investigate what happen.
It's a bit tough because it happens intermittently. Some days it happens, some it doesn't, and when it happens there is just no internet at all. Most of it occurs between 10am and 4pm.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
It's a bit tough because it happens intermittently. Some days it happens, some it doesn't, and when it happens there is just no internet at all. Most of it occurs between 10am and 4pm.

Who is the fibre line provider?

graybeard

Same in Centurion, Gauteng. (The status page is less than helpful. Indicates "degraded Openserve throughput" for Pretoria when one can't even login at all)

Edit (09:51): A miracle has manifested on this bright, sunny day: Can now at least log in :)

Last edited:

linear

Hi,
Experiencing slow throughput on Openserve in Sundowner, Randburg. I guess it's linked to the issue in Pretoria?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
We are experiencing issues with PPPoE authentications atm.

There are a number of fibre breaks that are causing slow access in PTA and Centurion.

We are working with Openserve to find a solution soon.

DeSLAM

International

wdcnw-os-cer-1-wan.osnet.co.za (196.25.158.241) ...anything after this hop is slow

IP appears to belong to Telkom SA Limited / SAIX-NET ASN 5713

Last edited: