Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

quax

Doesn't look that bad. You are using windows right?

Have you tried setting the TCP settings in command prompt?

Code:
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Yes I am using Windows. Just ran that cmd.

Local
1603792472007.png

Int
1603792494279.png

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

Local
View attachment 941014

Int
View attachment 941016

Should be fine because we peer with Microsoft at JHB and CPT so should not be giving you these issues.

Send me a pm with your clientzone email address so I can have a look and see if we can log a fault possibly. Have you tried teams on a phone to see if the issue still persist.

quax

Should be fine because we peer with Microsoft at JHB and CPT so should not be giving you these issues.

Send me a pm with your clientzone email address so I can have a look and see if we can log a fault possibly. Have you tried teams on a phone to see if the issue still persist.

Thanks I have sent you a DM with my email.

It is a bit tough to try on my phone as with meetings we often present and share screens. But when I switch to mobile hotspot, I have no issues.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Thanks I have sent you a DM with my email.

It is a bit tough to try on my phone as with meetings we often present and share screens. But when I switch to mobile hotspot, I have no issues.

Okay thanks. It might be related to packet loss in some way.

Luke7777

Executive Member

Local
View attachment 941014

Int
View attachment 941016
that Int is a typical MsEdge result

Same via FF

Unfortunately the Speedtest app only does local... so you're depending on browsers

Last edited:

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic

If the SABC asks you guys to put on a R250 license fee on all packages, you gonna tell them to fuk off.

Right?

Personally I don't agree with SABC at all. From an Afrihost point of view if it becomes law then as an ISP we are forced to comply. I don't think we are there yet though.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
**Please note that all clients on TT Connect has lost connectivity. We are working with TT Connect to find a solution asap. Apologies.

Bucks_Fizz

Morning,
I seem to have lost about 80% of my bandwidth?
I am on a 1GB/100MB line, but this morning not getting above 200/20? - Vuma Aerial

Screenshot 2020-11-02 at 05.16.36.png

mrudling

I seem to have a similar issue to Bucks_Fizz. Woke up with no internet, rebooted CPE and my 200/200 is running at 10/10