So, do you want to pay R1117 or R917 for 100mbps? :laugh:

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 12.22.21 PM.png

Last edited:

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Looks like I just dropped to the 50mpbs plan. :laugh:

View attachment 1028666

We had not anticipated that Openserve will change the ordering system and speed before the 1st. This means that all service changes that was submitted last night was for the new speeds but on our system they are still on the old speeds.

This means you got downgraded to 50Mbps on the new speeds from Openserve but on our system you should be on 100Mbps.

I will regrade your line to the correct speeds.

ronald911

Expert Member
We had not anticipated that Openserve will change the ordering system and speed before the 1st. This means that all service changes that was submitted last night was for the new speeds but on our system they are still on the old speeds.

This means you got downgraded to 50Mbps on the new speeds from Openserve but on our system you should be on 100Mbps.

No probs!
Thanks, you have my details?

VegOtter

Man I love this forum page. Ever want to find out what is happening, this is the place.

I'm guessing the devs are still working on the account pages for the openserve upgrades?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Man I love this forum page. Ever want to find out what is happening, this is the place.

I'm guessing the devs are still working on the account pages for the openserve upgrades?

Yes. They are working on changing the accounts to the correct speeds. It's taking a little longer than expected as the system is directly linked to the billing system and the Openserve api that places new order and regrades.

VegOtter

Yes. They are working on changing the accounts to the correct speeds. It's taking a little longer than expected as the system is directly linked to the billing system and the Openserve api that places new order and regrades.
Thank you for the update. I know there is definitely a part of the office where the coffee machines are going to be working overtime ;)

Any approximate ETA as yet? Just itching for those new speeds lol

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Any approximate ETA as yet? Just itching for those new speeds lol

I don't have an ETA yet unfortunately. There are 2 components to this for the speeds to be increased.

1. We need to finalize the changes on our side.

2. Openserve needs to push these changes to the ONTs. Currently Openserve has changed the line profiles on the portal however clients are still on the old speed. By manually resetting the port on the portal forces the new speeds but it's just not feasible to reset every port manually due to the sheer number of clients so we are hoping that Openserve will forces these speed changes from their side.

ronald911

Expert Member

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 1.39.15 PM.png
Back to normal again!
Thanks!

Freakboy

Expert Member
View attachment 1028714
Back to normal again!
Thanks!

Nice graph you have there.

Mine I run from my Unraid box to do tests every hour also. Those drops you see from 100 down to below 20 is every night at 20:00.

Speed.JPG

My ping also goes for a ball of chalk at the same time.

ping.JPG

I have reports like these for the last 3 weeks like this.

Just hope the speed increase and port reset helps with this.

bigboy529

Expert Member
Wish i got this one from the start.
Bought 3 now and using them as mesh network. Works great!!

Gave the DLink to a friend

How is the WPS200's switching between 2.4 and 5 GHz?
I currently have a TP-Link Archer C9 and its switching between 2.4 and 5 GHz annoyed me so much that I switched off the 5 GHz and no longer use it at all.

Stupid question, if you have 2 of these WS5200 routers can you use them as a mesh network over wifi, or must they be connected to each other via ethernet for it to work? This will only be a temporary solution until I can get the cabling in my house sorted over time, then they'll be wired to each other.

You say you have 3 of them, how big is your house and how far apart are they?

Speedster

Honorary Master
How is the WPS200's switching between 2.4 and 5 GHz?
I currently have a TP-Link Archer C9 and its switching between 2.4 and 5 GHz annoyed me so much that I switched off the 5 GHz and no longer use it at all.

Stupid question, if you have 2 of these WS5200 routers can you use them as a mesh network over wifi, or must they be connected to each other via ethernet for it to work? This will only be a temporary solution until I can get the cabling in my house sorted over time, then they'll be wired to each other.

You say you have 3 of them, how big is your house and how far apart are they?
They can mesh wirelessly with any Huawei router that has an H button

free3dom

My 50Mbps connection, which was to be upgraded to 100Mbps, seems to have dropped down to ~10Mbps on the download side.

Is this due to the same Openserve issue, or is there something else going on?

2021-03-01_212611.png

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
We are picking up quite a number of pppoe session drops on Openserv fibre. This is likely due to the changes being done by Openserve.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
My 50Mbps connection, which was to be upgraded to 100Mbps, seems to have dropped down to ~10Mbps on the download side.

View attachment 1028912

Did you submit a downgrade with us? Orders that were placed by the system at midnight might be on the wrong profile as Openserve has changed to the new speeds before our system submitted the bulk orders via the API.

You can drop me a pm with your clientzone email for me to check.

The Openserve management portal is currently down so I don't have tools to verify but I can keep checking for you.

Your latency also seem quite high.

Leitmotif

Expert Member

View attachment 1028912
My 100mbps connection has the same issue. Upload speed is what it should be, but download is screwed, especially international. Been like that since this afternoon. Problem, because working at home.