Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
when selecting the 25/25 option it says the upgrade will only take effect from 31st march? is it just a technical issue and will my line be up and running at 25mg today or will i be stuck at 10mg till april?

If you drop me a PM I will force the changes for you. ;)

Reactions: Shi

ghostim

Expert Member
Watching the Openserve pulling the fibre cable in between me and the back neighbour but Afrihost say no fibre planned at my address. :(

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Watching the Openserve pulling the fibre cable in between me and the back neighbour but Afrihost say no fibre planned at my address. :(

Does the coverage show on Openserve.co.za?

We get our coverage from them. In some cases Openserve does not load planned coverage on the map it just goes directly to Dark purple live status.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

You can click on the I know I have fibre link and that will force an order to be placed.

With pre orders the map takes a while to update and we usually only update it when it's live to prevent people possibly waiting for 3 months+ depending on where the rollout is at the time of signups.

If the maps shows like that it means that Openserve is accepting orders for that area.

MavChat

Expert Member
You can click on the I know I have fibre link and that will force an order to be placed.

With pre orders the map takes a while to update and we usually only update it when it's live to prevent people possibly waiting for 3 months+ depending on where the rollout is at the time of signups.

If the maps shows like that it means that Openserve is accepting orders for that area.
I tried placing a pre-order on the Openserve Portal... It refused...haha

ghostim

Expert Member
Looks like pre-order... Same as my address..

That is near my address haha... Openserves guys told me it should be live by the end of May.
Yeh, Telkom offered my fibre 2 weeks ago and said it will live in 4-6 weeks. So that is end of March.
Which part of Doringkloof ? I'm close to Sonja street cafe/Thirshty's

MavChat

Expert Member
Yeh, Telkom offered my fibre 2 weeks ago and said it will live in 4-6 weeks. So that is end of March.
Which part of Doringkloof ? I'm close to Sonja street cafe/Thirshty's
I am on the other side of Jean by Louise.

Either way, the contractor that is laying the cables and installing the boxes said end May... I trust them more than Telkom - or Vodacrap who has been knocking on gates to sell the Metrofibre connections that is rolling out still - they are currently in South street installing cables - they tell people that Vodacrap will have them installed and active in 3 weeks. I of course gave them an earful on deceiving residents.

ghostim

Expert Member
I am on the other side of Jean by Louise.

Either way, the contractor that is laying the cables and installing the boxes said end May... I trust them more than Telkom - or Vodacrap who has been knocking on gates to sell the Metrofibre connections that is rolling out still - they are currently in South street installing cables - they tell people that Vodacrap will have them installed and active in 3 weeks. I of course gave them an earful on deceiving residents.
I think I'll do the Openserve 1, would be nice to have symmetric, but the price is a bit steep.

Leitmotif

Expert Member
11021272676.png

This is on a 100mbps line. Far from a speed upgrade, I seem to have received a severe downgrade.

WhatsApp support is completely ****ing useless. The guy last night caused me to strip my moer and nearly cancel on the spot, and after going through the "troubleshooting" steps apparently wasn't sufficiently competent to actually request a callback from fiber support. The guy I got this afternoon told me to call the toll free number which is ****ing closed. And I'm now sitting waiting for a third guy to respond after the service told me I'd been connected to them already some time ago.

Has anyone ever received reasonable service from these WhatsApp tools, and how do I connect to someone who is actually useful?

KinsZA

Expert Member
11021272676.png

This is on a 100mbps line. Far from a speed upgrade, I seem to have received a severe downgrade.

WhatsApp support is completely ****ing useless. The guy last night caused me to strip my moer and nearly cancel on the spot, and after going through the "troubleshooting" steps apparently wasn't sufficiently competent to actually request a callback from fiber support. The guy I got this afternoon told me to call the toll free number which is ****ing closed. And I'm now sitting waiting for a third guy to respond after the service told me I'd been connected to them already some time ago.

Has anyone ever received reasonable service from these WhatsApp tools, and how do I connect to someone who is actually useful?

I've been told once on WhatsApp that the guy is handling multiple clients so please be patient for responses.

Now, I understand switching to another client if for example a persons restarting their router, but if you are giving instant feedback it just sucks.

SAevolved09

Not sure what happened, did the package change and afrinatic helped by forcing the upgrade to 25mbps. worked fine for about 30 mins then after that it just reverted back to old 10meg speed every time im doing speed tests. like it got upgraded and then reverted. clientzone still shows the 25meg package though so not sure whats happening

Edit: Fixed now

Last edited:

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
11021272676.png

Hi,

I'm really sorry for the experience you have had with our support channels.

I would like to assist. Can you send me a private message with your clientzone email address?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Not sure what happened, did the package change and afrinatic helped by forcing the upgrade to 25mbps. worked fine for about 30 mins then after that it just reverted back to old 10meg speed every time im doing speed tests. like it got upgraded and then reverted. clientzone still shows the 25meg package though so not sure whats happening

Edit: Fixed now

Forcing the changes is a bit problematic as it tends to revert back especially after a new service speed change.

Let me know if it still gives you issues so I can assist.

Silentpiet

Afrihost has become unusable in the evenings for the past two weeks! I have a 100mb line and hardly get 4mb in the evening with very high latency packet loss..

Very close to canceling.. Doing a traceroute clearly shows that your networks are the bottleneck.

What's going on here???