Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

ProjectEC97

So I guess Openserve are busy doing their thing. I'm also fluctuating between 20-45. Also, I cannot link my line number on the Openserve app which is weird as I linked it before I had to delete the app and get it again. But anyway, I'll just wait for everything to be done.

ZSK

So I guess Openserve are busy doing their thing. I also fluctuating between 20-45. Also, I cannot link my line number on their app which is weird as I linked it before I had to delete the app and get it again. But anyway, I'll just wait for everything to be done.
Also had a problem linking my account on the openserve app. Had to choose Telkom as the ISP for some reason.

Leitmotif

Expert Member
How's your line tonight, @cavedog - far as I remember you're also in Centurion, but the lucky vark who keeps their speed when others fail? :laugh:

cavedog

Honorary Master
How's your line tonight, @cavedog - far as I remember you're also in Centurion, but the lucky vark who keeps their speed when others fail? :laugh:

Full disclosure I'm @AfriNatic when I'm at work ;)

11022983325.png

Smack in the middle of everyone but both my 200Mbps lines are flying as they should.

uk.hosted.co.za.png

Leitmotif

Expert Member
Vaguely recall something during installation about needing to go to different hardware at the exchange if I wanted a 200mbps connection... maybe your connections are a legacy of that old policy? If I'm remembering right.

Either way, there have to be more than 40-odd people on Openserve fiber in the area. Going to guess there's quite a few people blissfully living their lives with no connection issues... the bastards. :D

Hmm, how many people do you think connect to a single rack? Possible that it's just some piece of hardware they need to replace? Here's hoping...

cavedog

Honorary Master
Vaguely recall something during installation about needing to go to different hardware at the exchange if I wanted a 200mbps connection... maybe your connections are a legacy of that old policy? If I'm remembering right.

Either way, there have to be more than 40-odd people on Openserve fiber in the area. Going to guess there's quite a few people blissfully living their lives with no connection issues... the bastards. :D

Hmm, how many people do you think connect to a single rack? Possible that it's just some piece of hardware they need to replace? Here's hoping...

Looking at the proximity I won't be surprised that everyone is on the same OLT. How many people on the same OLT well not quite sure about that but the latency, speed and Packetloss is 100% a congestion issue either on the backhaul to IPC or the OLT itself.

Well over 30 clients just with us and the majority on 100Mbps+ connections.

With the upgrades I'm thinking the issue is definitely capacity related but I will know more later on. Hoping I get some feedback tomorrow.

jurkrit

Until 6pm tonight, then the issue starts again, been like this for the past few days. Daytime line runs fine, but come the moon, bye bye line speed

Leitmotif

Expert Member
Until 6pm tonight, then the issue starts again, been like this for the past few days. Daytime line runs fine, but come the moon, bye bye line speed
Yup. It'll slowly deteriorate throughout the day, becoming noticeably sluggish and choppy around 3-4pm, then useless by 5-6.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

Yup. It'll slowly deteriorate throughout the day, becoming noticeably sluggish and choppy around 3-4pm, then useless by 5-6.

I have all the references I'm going to follow the escalation matrix from Openserve and try to get answers for everyone.

CaneMan

@AfriNatic . My ClientZone shows the upgraded speed (which you organised yesterday) but I am still getting the old slow speed. I have tried with a direct connection to the ONT with the same results.

znubair

My Legacy 8Mbps is giving me 25Mbps on Speedtest. ClientZone is showing 8Mbps package and Openserve is showing 10Mbps (not that it matters as long as I am getting the correct speed)