Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

SadIvyParrot

Hi, Sorry for the late reply. I'm not aware of any issues on Openserve in that area. Are you still struggling?

Yes, I am, speed test took a long time to load...result below
Afrihost 25meg/Openserve..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 16.08.46.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 16.08.46.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 40

froot

Honorary Master
I have read through some of the last pages, but must have missed the answer, but is there a timeline on the rest of the Openserve upgrades?

I am in the East of Pretoria.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I have read through some of the last pages, but must have missed the answer, but is there a timeline on the rest of the Openserve upgrades?

I am in the East of Pretoria.

The upgrades are still on going. Openserve is not done with the upgrades just yet.

SadIvyParrot

Yes, it was, and something that to this day bugs me, I cannot understand how in 2021, there is no "app" on board the router that I could access via the router android/iphone/ipad app that would run a version of ookla speed test, I know that using wifi is dodge, but it is all I have, we all have...

We all have 2 things, wifi devices, and a router suckling on the ONT, would be brilliant, and I am sure maybe Afrihost would be able to sponsor a PHD in Computer Science and R1m a month job to a 13 yr old coder to code this....Would help solve a lot of arguments between clients and techs!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 18.06.09.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 18.06.09.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 22

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi,

We are are aware of an issue and our Noc engineers are working on it.

JustJack

Expert Member
@AfriNatic
Connection down. I had to connect to mobile to post this. OS Eldoraingn. Already restarted twice. On then off. We need to work. Any feedback?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic
Connection down. I had to connect to mobile to post this. OS Eldoraingn. Already restarted twice. On then off. We need to work. Any feedback?

And off again

We experienced an outage on a switch. It's been identified and fix has been applied. The issue should now be resolved. We are monitoring it closely to spot any issues.

Apologies for the downtime experienced.

JustJack

Expert Member
We experienced an outage on a switch. It's been identified and fix has been applied. The issue should now be resolved. We are monitoring it closely to spot any issues.

Apologies for the downtime experienced.
Thanx ArfiNatic. Seems it is on and stable now.
Awesome service as always :love: