Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

ghostRgg

Can I get you some coffee, maybe a muffin or some biscuits xD
I would love some of that, but I don't work at Openserve so sadly I cannot assist at all.

If it was possible for outside people to work on these faults I bet @AfriNatic would be a clocking up these faults and overtime pay like a batfibreman in the night and so would many others. Unless it's a openserve system fault, then it's more of a free for all retreat.

DarkStarZN

You know, I'd love to give feedback, but Openserve and Afrihost are determined to let me give money to Rain as they **** me around with my installation.

I've been waiting over a month!

mr_norris

Expert Member
I have a question. Frogfoot installed fibre at my parents place (yay). The broadband light on the ONT is on, but the service light isn't.

Should I wait for Frogfoot to do something, or ask Afrihost to take a look? Trying to get their line up from a distance because the alternative is topping up LTE

MidnightZA

Expert Member
I have a question. Frogfoot installed fibre at my parents place (yay). The broadband light on the ONT is on, but the service light isn't.

Should I wait for Frogfoot to do something, or ask Afrihost to take a look? Trying to get their line up from a distance because the alternative is topping up LTE

I may be wrong but I think you need to connect the modem and sign into the afrihost site to activate your line

That's what I did a few months ago when frogfoot completed my installation

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

The service light being off usually means the install has not been marked as completed yet.

I would need to log a ticket with the Frogfoot provisioning team to provision the ONT.

ZyborgRSA

Anyone else in Durban have slower than usual speeds? Was fine yesterday. Edit: this is on a 100/50 package 1620633801392.png

mr_norris

Expert Member
The service light being off usually means the install has not been marked as completed yet.

I would need to log a ticket with the Frogfoot provisioning team to provision the ONT.
Thank you, I will log a ticket now in the clientzone to get that going :)

Juzz Wuzz

I have to give huge props to @AfriNatic who has helped me today!
WebAfrica terminated my Openserve line due to a glitch and today I was without Internet. AfriNatic was able to help get me signed up and get someone from Openserve to get in touch. I am now fully activated and online with Afrihost in less than 4 hours. This after WebAfrica told me several days to reconnect and fix their backend.
Hurts to have to pay WA and now Afrihost but honestly, I'm still nowhere with WA support and able to get online right now.

So thank you @AfriNatic and Afrihost, you guys are amazing!

McGuywer

Executive Member
Anyone else experiencing issue on Frogfoot/Afrihost in Pretoria.
I see this problem is posted:
Frogfoot outage | Johannesburg16:44, 10 MAY 2021
Frogfoot has informed us of a network outage affecting Johannesburg. Affected clients will experience no connectivity. Frogfoot engineers are working on resolving this issue as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Last week, Friday, same Frogfoot issue around the same time.
Frogfoot Outage | Johannesburg17:05, 07 MAY 2021:
Frogfoot has informed us of a network outage affecting Johannesburg and Pretoria, affected clients will experience no connectivity. Frogfoot engineers are working on resolving this issue as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Anyone else experiencing issue on Frogfoot/Afrihost in Pretoria.
I see this problem is posted:
Frogfoot outage | Johannesburg16:44, 10 MAY 2021

Last week, Friday, same Frogfoot issue around the same time.
Frogfoot Outage | Johannesburg17:05, 07 MAY 2021:

There is currently a major outage on Frogfoot Gauteng.