Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Adenoid Hynkel

Expert Member
I am being denied access to every site that uses CF DDOS checks. Is anyone else experiencing this? It just doesn't redirect and refreshes every 5 seconds.

Screenshot_20210728-181333.jpg

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
We are investigating reports of an outage on Vumatel in Gauteng.

All outages has been restored. :)

Last edited:

puhhhh

Ok

So i have frogfoot fibre currently. And Openserve recently became available and would like to have a 2nd line installled.

When i try this on the website it tells me theres already fibre connection for the address.

The plan is to eventually cancel the frogfoot fibre once i know Openserve is up and running so i dont sit without internet.

Is there a way past this error? www.afrihost.com.png

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Ok

So i have frogfoot fibre currently. And Openserve recently became available and would like to have a 2nd line installled.

When i try this on the website it tells me theres already fibre connection for the address.

The plan is to eventually cancel the frogfoot fibre once i know Openserve is up and running so i dont sit without internet.

Is there a way past this error? View attachment 1119392

There is.

Can you drop me a pm with your clientzone email address for me to rename the active Frogfoot line.

We have this setting enabled to prevent duplicate orders.

puhhhh

There is.

Can you drop me a pm with your clientzone email address for me to rename the active Frogfoot line.

We have this setting enabled to prevent duplicate orders.
Awesome sent you a pm.

Had the frogfoot fibre for quite a while, more than 6 months. Will there be any penalty when i eventually cancel Frogfoot?

Thanks again

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Awesome sent you a pm.

Had the frogfoot fibre for quite a while, more than 6 months. Will there be any penalty when i eventually cancel Frogfoot?

Thanks again

There will be no cancellation fees. ;)

Openserve orders are placed via API. Once ordered with us the system will place an order for you. :)

D.B.Cooper

Expert Member
@AfriNatic Quick question, is this normal for a single thread speed test?

11848072516.png

D.B.Cooper

Expert Member
For a local speedtest not at all.

Try different servers and devices and compare that with an ethernet connected test to see if it's still slow.
There is definitely something strange going on here. Only one server shows normal speed (all on ethernet from my desktop and a server on my network, and from another router):
The rest all look like this:

I already have an open ticket on your tech support, but they say everything looks fine on their end. It was eventually escalated to Openserve, but they want to charge me R1K to come to look at my hardware. Meanwhile, I'm sitting with degraded performance, like some video sites buffering (even Youtube often buffers before starting a video), and pathetic download speeds from sites like GOG.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
There is definitely something strange going on here. Only one server shows normal speed (all on ethernet from my desktop and a server on my network, and from another router):
The rest all look like this:

I already have an open ticket on your tech support, but they say everything looks fine on their end. It was eventually escalated to Openserve, but they want to charge me R1K to come to look at my hardware. Meanwhile, I'm sitting with degraded performance, like some video sites buffering (even Youtube often buffers before starting a video), and pathetic download speeds from sites like GOG.

Do you have a ticket id for me to have a look?

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Afrinatic, I just tried using the "relocate" fibre connection and was thinking it was all going well ... until I got to the end and it asked me for the B number of the new place. I hadn't moved into the new apartment yet, and although it was standing empty and I'd seen a fibre installation I knew the landlord wasn't the one to install it and wouldn't know the B-number. So instead I had to just cancel my current connection and log a new installation for the new place. That doesn't seem to help you or me.