Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Lol, I noticed that Bitdefender Internet Security kept popping up alerts that it was blocking suspicious activity. Probably catching your config file being pushed through. That explains it I guess. You might need to configure the routers while they're in your hands then, rather than trying to do it OTA if it's going to get blocked as suspicious. This is why we can't have nice things.

We actually opt for this as we are trying to make thing more convenient for clients like changing wifi password and resetting pppoe via the app or clientzone and it gets applied to the router automatically. Some decent features we think clients will enjoy. It's not perfect yet but definitely will get better.

LordPhoenix_ZA

Hi - Anyone on Vuma Aerial noticing terrible packet loss on Teams calls. I'm losing voice in all calls at random intervals, Speeds are testing fine, but not sure which Domains to test for Packet loss..

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi - Anyone on Vuma Aerial noticing terrible packet loss on Teams calls. I'm losing voice in all calls at random intervals, Speeds are testing fine, but not sure which Domains to test for Packet loss..

Do you have examples? Does these losses show in a trace route?

LordPhoenix_ZA

Do you have examples? Does these losses show in a trace route?
I hope I'm looking at the right IP, but this one seems to be UDP and handling the voice traffic, its been bad this morning

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-12 at 12.16.30.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-12 at 12.16.30.png
    822.4 KB · Views: 22

LordPhoenix_ZA

Teams will likely be a Microsoft IP and not Mweb but there is definitely loss there.
Its the only IP actively getting network traffic, so I don't think it being part of MWEB changes anything, its definitely an Ip Teams is trying to access see screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-12 at 12.19.31.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-12 at 12.19.31.png
    817.7 KB · Views: 21

sand_man

Honorary Master
Anyone else down? For the last 20 minutes or so, Vuma aerial, Norwood area. Seeing a lot of outages reported on the CISP thread....

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Anyone else down? For the last 20 minutes or so, Vuma aerial, Norwood area. Seeing a lot of outages reported on the CISP thread....

A restart for now restores connection. There is a suspected outage affecting Vuma gpon clients.

Conack

Expert Member
Quite a few Afrihost clients in George are offline since 1pm on Frogfoot. Not seeing a network notice?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Quite a few Afrihost clients in George are offline since 1pm on Frogfoot. Not seeing a network notice?

Can you send me the email of someone affected via a pm? I'm not aware of any general issues in the area.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Ping: 89ms
Download: 0.92Mbps
Upload: 13.73Mbps

Frogfoot today ... ai ai

moedawood

Hi @AfriNatic , Openserve went live yesterday in the area and your sales staff said they placed the order with Openserve. Is it possible for us to request the order number so we can track it on the Openserve app? Can I pm my details?

Dan C

Honorary Master
Seems ok'ish this side, although dl speed is less than 60% of what I pay for :(

Ping 3ms
Download 270.70Mbps
Upload 498.59Mbps
Well at least my green light on the router is on. Love Island on Netflix looks grainy, but I think that is normal.